Can not log in
My site is AmbushingAmber.com. I cannot log in. I even try to go through the login/password that was emailed to me from WordPress and it still says Incorrect. When I enter my username or email into the “Lost Password” prompt, I am told I am not registered. The Blog URL listed below is not the URL I am asking about, but I had to chose that one to submit this question. Please contact me as soon as possible–I believe I may have been hacked. Thank you.
Blog url: http://amberforbush.wordpress.com/
The blog I need help with is amberforbush.wordpress.com.
I have flagged this thread for Staff attention. If you ebelieve the blog has been hacked do the following:
- Go here > Users > All Users and delete any user that does not belong there.
- Disable post by email > http://en.support.wordpress.com/post-by-email/
- Disable post by voice > http://en.support.wordpress.com/post-by-voice/
- Change your blog password to a very difficult one > http://en.support.wordpress.com/passwords/#change-your-password
- Use a secure, encrypted connection to connect to your Dashboard. Under Users → Personal Settings, check the box that says “Always use HTTPS when visiting administration pages, and click Save Changes.
- Go to your email program and change the password to a very difficult one
I want to disable this site: hoodriverhopsfest.wordpress.com. The information is outdated.
Username is hoodriverhopsfest but the creator left this position (event assistant) without recording the password or email associated with the account.
Thanks for any help-
We cannot help in that case. This is why. Blogs belong to the person with the username account who registered the blog. That person is the original Administrator, and only they can completely transfer ownership of a blog (including all upgrades) to another user. The Transfer Blog feature is fully explained on the Moving a Blog page. http://support.wordpress.com/moving-a-blog/#transferring-your-blog-to-another-user-or-account
I obviously can’t log in to do any of the things you suggested since my problem is I CAN NOT LOG IN. Can I talk to a real person now instead of a robot?
I’m not a robot. I apologize for not tyoping an expelanation as I fely time was of the essense.
I posted those steps above because you have two blogs. You cannot log-in to AmbushingAmber.com and suspect it was hacked so that suggests that your other blog http://amberforbush.wordpress.com/ may be vulnerable to hacking too. It’s usually but not always the email that’s hacked first and that provides access to the blogs which are then hacked. Also note that I flagged this thread for Staff attention previously.
edit: I apologize for not typing an explanation as I felt time was of the essense.
To clear up any confusion, WordPress.com and WordPress.org are two different entities.
The topic ‘Can not log in’ is closed to new replies.