Cannot removed image borders in visual mode anymore
I intended to send this request several weeks ago. This problem precedes those caused by the 22 July editor modifications by at least a few weeks. May have been an effect of a previous mod in spring 2014.
From my notes, dated 4 July 2014:
Why can’t I remove the border in the image editor? Used to be able to. Now, the only way I know how to remove the border is to edit the HTML. When centering an image this is even more of a problem because using the center tab, even if you previously removed the border, adds the border back by default. You have to remove the center tag from within the image HTML and put the center tag outside it. Takes much longer, about 40 times longer than before. The task of centering multiple images side-by-side, all without borders, has become ridiculously long.
Am I missing something?
The blog I need help with is songbook1.wordpress.com.
Sorry about the mistake in the title: “removed” should be “remove.”
This might be a preference of the theme I’m using, but shouldn’t I be able to remove borders in the “Image Details” box of the visual editor? The only difference between those images with borders and those without as far as I can tell by examining the evidence on my site is that those with borders have size options in the Image Details box, while those without borders have no size options.
Why the presence or absence of size options in the Image Details determines whether a border is displayed is a mystery.
Detailed summary of issues:
1. Borders appear to be added by default.
2. The default borders are white by default despite the fact that in the Advance Options section of Image Details the setting is always black by default. Also, attempts to change the color of a border to anything but white failed.
2. Borders may only be removed by removing the image “class” identity from HTML.
3. The “Image CSS Class” bar of the Advanced Options section of Image Details is blank in both images displaying borders and those not displaying borders.
4. The “Image Border” width box of the Advanced Options section is blank in both images displaying borders and those not displaying borders.
5. Images which display borders have size options in the Image Details box, while those without borders have no size options
3., 4., and 5. combined indicate that
a. The “Image CSS Class” in HTML overrides the settings in the Image Details box of the visual editor.
b. You can’t remove the Image CSS Class values in the Image Details box (visual editor).
c. Therefore, we cannot remove image borders while in visual editor mode.
If you can’t allow editing of forum posts, WP, why not at least allow us to delete a post? This would allow us to edit elsewhere and resubmit.
The topic ‘Cannot removed image borders in visual mode anymore’ is closed to new replies.