can't connect to wordpress.co
after installing the plugin from within wordpress, I need to connect to wordpress.com, but that is not working. I asked my IP, but they don’t now either !!
Blog url: http://mediaphoto.be
Are you seeing any errors, if so can you please quote them?
it concerns jetpack.
The warning I got is :
Jetpack could not contact WordPress.com: register_http_request_failed. This usually means something is incorrectly configured on your web host. There are no HTTP transports available which can complete the requested request.
Can you please try connecting again with all other plugins temporarily disabled?
I tried that but it still is not working, can’t connect ?
Would you mind letting us know a little bit more about your site’s configuration?
1. Are you connecting via HTTP or HTTPS?
2. Is your site behind any type of firewall?
3. Would you be able to contact your host server to see if they may be blocking the connection between your site and the WordPress servers for any reason?
1 . HTTP
2. As far as I know, no firewall
3. did that, and they assured me that there was no blocking what so ever regarding to wordpress !
Can you please ask your hosting provider if they’re blocking xmlrpc.php?
No, they are not !
Please forgive all the questions! This error message is a bit general for us, so all of your answers are very helpful in debugging this issue. As for next steps:
- Can you let me know if this is a single-site or networked install?
- Can you go to your Dashboard -> Settings -> General page and make sure that your WordPress and Site URL are the same?
- Lastly, can you try downloading the Jetpack Compatibility Plugin here?
- Then, upload the plugin to your site via your Dashboard -> Plugins -> Add New
- Activate the plugin and go to Plugins -> Jetpack Compatibility Test
- Click the “Select All” button
- Send us an email copying and pasting the results of the test
Thank you so much for your patience!
it is a single site install
My wordpress and site URL are the same !
email is send
Thanks for the help.
Could you try completely uninstalling Jetpack and the installing this new version of the plugin we’re currently testing?
Please let us know if it works or not. Your feedback will help us improve this test version of Jetpack.
This new version connected without any problem to wordpress.com.
As up now, there is no registration of visitors, but probably, thats normal wright after installation?
NOw, after one hour, I could see that the stats are working.
As for the other functions, I will see that in the next couple of days :)
Anyway, a big thank you.
one more question, will I be able to install the new version once it is out of beta?
The new version should be available as a regular update. If not, you could always manually install the new version.
The topic ‘can't connect to wordpress.co’ is closed to new replies.