Can't get site to load
It’s loading for me. I think you have a problem because neither your header nor background image are optimized, and it is choking your blog. Use a graphics editor like picnik.com to make sure the images are no more than 72dpi and re-upload them. That should help.
That site loads for me. I’m using Firefox 9.0.1. You could have a connectivity issue, a browser issue or a Flash issue. Will you please provide us with some details so we can try to help you?
1. How are you connecting to the internet and to WordPress.com? The way you connect to the internet (mobile, satellite, DSL, dial-up) and to your blog, and how many proxy server jumps etc. it takes to connect can cause problems.
2. Are you using http:// or https:// see http://en.support.wordpress.com/https/
3.Which browser and version of it are you using?
4. Have you tried clearing your browser cache and cookies? http://www.google.com/support/accounts/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=32050
5. Is your browser version up to date? You can upgrade any browser version here. http://browsehappy.com/
6. Have you tried using the browser with all extensions or add-ons disabled?
7. Do you have third party cookies enabled?
9. Do you have another browser you can try?
10. You can use this link to see if your Flash is up to date. http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ If it’s not up to date then this is where to download and install the latest version of Flash. http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/
11. Have your tried resetting your router and modem?
For troubleshooting images see these tips. http://en.support.wordpress.com/images/troubleshooting-images/
I have dial up. It was working fine this morning. I cleared cookies, ran the defrag and disk clean up when it first happened, figuring it was me. But I’m doing fine on all other sites, just here. I can barely get this forum up, but I can’t even open the “myblogs” which is my home page. It just runs and runs, and only comes up with script running down the left side. I have the latest Explorer. I use http:// I dont know the answers to the rest of your questions. This happened a few weeks ago, and then it suddenly cleared and was fine. I can’t download other browsers, they just stall eventually. Dial up doesn’t allow for much.
Raincoast, I can’t upload those programs. They are too much for a dial up connection. I would have no clue how to “optimize” my dpi, whatever that is. Sorry
See here please for image editing software optimization.
See also Ten Free Online Image Compression and Optimization Programs
Maybe I’m not making myself clear. I can’t get on the main page of WordPress, I can’t even get a “new post” editor up.
If you’re on Dialup, then it’s more important than ever to do this. I’m pretty certain this is what’s causing your problems. Picnik.com is just a website, very easy to use.
I can’t get on the main page of WordPress, I can’t even get a “new post” editor up.
One does not have to access the main page of WordPress.com to log-into their blog and create a post. I never ever do that. I log in directly to my blog and create my posts in my blog. This is the log-in link http://NAME_OF_BLOG.wordpress.com/wp-admin/
Well I don’t know why I can’t even load this page right. That has nothing to do with pictures. Like I said, I can’t load anything here except in some basic script. When I try to, it just drops off, and kepts saying “waiting for WordPress to respond” insteading of receiving at about 3,000bytes, it drops to nearly nothing, a few at a time. In any event, I have no more time to work on it. I’ll hope it’s back to normal tomorrow, or try something else. I appreciate you’re trying. But this is nuts when every other site I use is buzzing along as usual.
timethief, I appreciate what you are saying. I’m telling you that I can’t get in anyway. The only page that I can get up is this one. Everything else just runs and runs and runs with “waiting for WordPress to respond”. The bytes drop off to nothing. I tried putting a direct address to the dashboard, and it starts off and then immediately shuts down to a half dozen btyes every 15 or twenty seconds. It times out.
What country are you in? WP is blocked in some countries, throttled in others.
I’m thinking this. You are using a dial-up connection and Staff are moving stuff around like our site stats which are now appearing on the WordPress.com main page. Perhaps the combination of being on dial-up service and the work being done in the backend is causing your problem.
The topic ‘Can't get site to load’ is closed to new replies.