I’ve set up a bunch of categories and sub categories, and would only like the parent categories to be present within my sidebar. Is there anyway of accomplishing this?
The blog I need help with is fusionsonica.com.
Create a custom menu and display it on your page using the custom menu widget in place of the categories widget.
Please be aware that the Categories and sub-categories you create will not display until at least post has been published in each Category or sub-category.
1. You create a custom menu and name it. http://en.support.wordpress.com/menus/
2. You add the Parent pages you want to display and arrange them in the order you want.
3. Then you add and drop and drag the subpages below the appropriate Parent pages, and when you have everything arranged in the menu that you want you save the menu.
4. Go to the “theme location” module at upper left on the menu page. Select your custom menu name from the pulldown labeled “primary location.” Click the save button in that module.
5. Refresh your browser so that it isn’t possibly pulling a cached page, and view see your new menu with Parent pages and dropdowns to sub-pages.
Thanks again, all taken care of!
That’s good news. Thanks for sharing it and happy blogging. :)
The topic ‘Categories’ is closed to new replies.