Categories on menu bar
I have tried to add a dailypost link to my posts and could not do so, cause my blog link is permalink and there was no option to add aditional link to my post. In the process of trying to do that most of my categories on menu bar on my blog page disappeared. I have tried number of times to reload and add the same categories to my custom menu but the only thing that is showing on my menu bar is home and about.
How can I resolve that? I did exactly the same thing I had done the first time when my menu bar was the way I wanted it to be featuring several categories of my post and now I have only home and about.
The blog I need help with is bopaula.wordpress.com.
I can click the Daily Post link in your custom menu and arrive in the correct blog. I can see these tabs in your custom menu:
My daily thoughts
Weekly Photo Challenge
Please go to the custom menu page in the dashboard Apearance > Menus and make sure you have added the categories to it.
1.You add the Categories you want to display and arrange them in the order you want.
http://en.support.wordpress.com/menus/#adding-category-pages-to-your-menu Then you add and drop and drag the sub-categories below the appropriate Categories. http://en.support.wordpress.com/menus/#changing-the-order-of-menu-items-and-creating-sub-menus
2. You add the Pages you want to display and arrange them in the order you want.
http://en.support.wordpress.com/menus/#adding-pages-to-your-menu Then you add and drop and drag the sub-pages (child pages) below the appropriate parent Pages.
3. You add the custom links like the Daily Post link that you want to display and arrange them in the order you want. http://en.support.wordpress.com/menus/#adding-custom-links
4. When you have everything arranged in the menu that you want you save the menu.
5. Go to the “theme location” module at upper left on the menu page. Select your custom menu name from the pull-down labeled “primary location.” Click the save button in that module.
6. Refresh your browser so that it isn’t possibly pulling a cached page, and view your new custom menu with Parent pages and dropdowns to sub-pages, and Categories with dropdowns to subcategories, and Custom Links.
The topic ‘Categories on menu bar’ is closed to new replies.