Someone changed my phone number when I didn’t.
The blog I need help with is officalandorginalmissmassie.wordpress.com.
If anyone is changing your phone number, or posting anything to your blog then you have provided them with the ability to do so either deliberately, or by allowing them access to your login information accidentally, or by posting content that makes it easy for them to guess what your log-in information is.
Who, aside from you, has access to your login information?
Go to your email program and change the password to a very difficult one because that’s how many hackers gain access to blogs
1. If you can log-in go here > Users > All Users and delete any user that does not belong there.
2. Disable post by email > http://en.support.wordpress.com/post-by-email/
3. Disable post by voice > http://en.support.wordpress.com/post-by-voice/
4. Change your blog password to a very difficult one > http://en.support.wordpress.com/passwords/#change-your-password
5. Use a secure, encrypted connection to connect to your Dashboard. Under Users → Personal Settings, check the box that says “Always use HTTPS when visiting administration pages, and click Save Changes.
6. Set up two step authentication http://en.support.wordpress.com/security/two-step-authentication/
Then read this please knowing that blogs don’t get hacked when security protocols are followed. > http://en.support.wordpress.com/security/
P.S. I flagged this for Staff follow-up.
I can see you, or someone with access to your account, changed the phone number for account recovery. If that wasn’t you, as timethief explained, you need to immediately change your WordPress.com account password as well as the password for the email address you use for this account.
The topic ‘Changed Phone’ is closed to new replies.