I'll try to keep this as simple as possible. It's a real 'newbie' question, so please feel free to face-palm and don't be afraid to talk to my like a baby when you reply - it's how this post will be written and probably the only way I'll understand your reply.
I'll start right from the beginning.
(a while back)
- I purchased a domain name for my corporate website.
- I purchased web hosting for it. It uses CPanel.
- They automatically set up a standard WordPress 3.0 Installation (now upgraded to 3.2.1)
- I pointed my domain name at my WordPress site, which we'll call example.com
And everything runs smoothly.
- I recently decided I want two more sites in addition to my current example.com site.
- I wanted them all to run on WordPress, so I set up my WordPress network with the official guide here.
- I wanted the two new sites to have their own domain names.
- I downloaded and installed the WordPress MU Domain Mapping Plugin.
- I completed steps 1, 2 and 3
- I'm stuck on 4.
- I have the two new domains purchased and ready for use.
- I have not created any new sites in my Network Admin section.
Where do I go from here? I'm not quite understanding the instructions. I've read the suggested illustrated tutorial here and I'm still not getting it. Perhaps I'm just not with it today.
In any case, I'd love some help.