Comments that link back to my blog from someone else’s email address. It’s scary but, I think these people are hacking my blog. I am getting comments that show they are from me. But when I look at the history of the comment there is a different email address.
I changed my password today. Can you tell me what you think might be happening?
Blog url: http://shelliesakai.wordpress.com/
The blog I need help with is shelliesakai.wordpress.com.
Do you know what a pingback is? If you link to earlier posts in your own blog in a new post, when you publish the new posts the software generates pingbacks and they are treated like comments. See here and read to find out if that’s what’s happening in this case . http://en.support.wordpress.com/comments/pingbacks/
If you think you blog may have been hacked:
1. Go here > Users > All Users and delete any user that does not belong there.
2. Disable post by email > http://en.support.wordpress.com/post-by-email/
3. Disable post by voice > http://en.support.wordpress.com/post-by-voice/
4. Change your blog password to a very difficult one > http://en.support.wordpress.com/passwords/#change-your-password
5. Use a secure, encrypted connection to connect to your Dashboard. Under Users → Personal Settings, check the box that says “Always use HTTPS when visiting administration pages, and click Save Changes.
6. Go to your email program and change the password to a very difficult one
7. Read > http://en.support.wordpress.com/security/
For more read here > http://onecoolsitebloggingtips.com/2012/07/22/how-to-prevent-and-react-to-a-wordpress-hack-attack/
The topic ‘Comments’ is closed to new replies.