Comments enabled by no comments box
I wanted to add a comments box back in to my blog page. I’ve enabled comments in the Discussions menu for the blog page. Do I need to add a widget too? There doesn’t seem to be a comments box showing up.
Here’s the link: flourishyoga.com.au
The blog I need help with is flourishyoga.com.au.
See “Settings/Options” here:
Thanks but I’ve already done that. Comments are already enabled in the Settings/Discussions menu.
Any other suggestions?
I worked it out – the trick is (if you want to enable it for a specific post…)
1. go to the relevant post/page and select edit
2. make the discussion module appear by clicking on “screen option” at the top and select discussion/comments
And it appears.
“Thanks but I’ve already done that.”
The post I linked to doesn’t show “that”, it shows that there are three different settings/options (numbered 1, 2, 3):
1. Settings > Discussion: “Allow people to post comments on new articles”.
Changing that doesn’t apply to already published posts or pages.
2. Post or page editor > Discussion module: “Allow Comments” + “Allow trackbacks and pingbacks on this page”.
That’s what you now did.
3. Settings > Discussion: “Automatically close comments on articles older than [ ] days”.
You also need to disable that.
Thanks. Yep all sorted. The real issue was that I didn’t realise that the Discussion Module existed. I thought that references to the Discussion module were to the Discussion options in the Settings menu.
So just a bit of confusion with terminology really.
The topic ‘Comments enabled by no comments box’ is closed to new replies.