Need help? Check out our Support site, then

'Connect timeout error' from my home IP address (218.53.17.*)

1. Recently, I started to see a lot of connection timeout errors from my web browser at home (218.53.17.*). The web browser was basically trying to access the resources under the following domains:

.. which means I have to wait for very long time until a web page is rendered completely if the web site uses Gravatar or WordPress login service. Of course, the gravatars are all broken.

I also found that some of the servers that serve also give me connection timeout errors: (I got these IP addresses by querying DNS server manually. More specifically, 'nslookup')

Because the operating system randomly chooses one of the IP addresses on the list, sometimes it works and sometimes it fails with connection timeout.

What's interesting is that I don't have any problem connecting to the addresses mentioned above when I'm not at home. Therefore, I believe my IP address (or the IP block I belong to) has been blocked by someone between my home and

I contacted my ISP to see if they can find out why, but I also thought it might be a good idea to ping the folks at

The blog I need help with is

2. I tagged this thread for a Staff follow-up. Please subscribe to it so you are notified when they respond.

3. Which country are you currently browsing from?

Also, try enabling or disabling HTTPS to see if that makes any difference.

4. South Korea.

I switched to a different ISP and the problem went away. I believe that it's the ISP that's blocking the access, looking from the traceroute result.

5. Hm, it wouldn't be the first time from there.

I recommend contacting the ISP about this.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic

No tags yet.