Hello Happiness Engineer
I am back again! A couple of months ago I had problems accessing my blog because the connection would time out and/or the pages uploaded incompletely. I checked with my ISP and all the asked me to do was reset the modem (hard reset back to factory default) and reconfigure it again. Somehow, this fixed my problem with WordPress and I could carry on without any problems. I need to mention that I had problem only with WordPress and accessing my blog on WP. All the other sites were fine.
It has been one week now. The problem has started again. Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage. I am able to logon and that is about it. Can not view my blog or get into the dashboard as the session times out.
Do you recommend that i reset my modem again back to factory default and reconfigure? Any idea why this is happening? Reconfiguring everytime is not a solution I think, although I am not technically sound. Hence wondering if you know of any fix for this problem.
The blog I need help with is knot2share.wordpress.com.
I’m sorry this is happening to you. I have flagged this thread for Staff attention.
(1) How are you connecting to the internet and to WordPress.com? The way you connect to the internet (mobile, satellite, DSL, dial-up) and to your blog, and how many proxy server jumps etc. it takes to connect can cause problems. There maybe be problems with your ISP and/or with the proxy servers. Also note that the main dashboard isn’t designed to work with touch devices through the tablet and smartphone browsers.
(2) Exactly which browser and version of it are you using. If you don’t know click here to find out > http://whatsmyuseragent.com/
(3) Are you using the https:// secure log-in? If not then please enable it
I am connecting to the internet via DSL connection and via my home laptop. Not using any touch devices.
My browser version IE9 is the latest.
I was asked to disable https last time when this problem appeared. Now do I enable it?
I do not know how many proxy server jumps it takes. Last time when this problem appeared, I do recall someone from our ISP performing a ‘ping’ test (which worked fine) and ‘tracert’ test which possibly determines how many proxy server jumps it takes. I remember seeing the command timing out at one stage.
But after all that, they asked me to reset the modem back to factory default settings and reconfigure again. And that solved the problem. According to them there was no problem at the ISP’s end. And could have been ‘build up of old incorrect information’, which I really don’t understand what that means! But now again I encounter the same issue and really would like to know what the problem is this time. I see a few threads here with similar problems and they can’t ALL have ISP issues.
All my cookies/cache are cleared everytime I close the browser. I have set it up that way.
Hope the above information helps.
The topic ‘Connection reset’ is closed to new replies.