Content missing from blog
Missing content on my blog, Reading Writing and Retired. The page is still there with the theme, but all content has been erased or deleted. Not sure if I did it or there is an error somewhere else. Tried locating Trash file to no avail.
The blog I need help with is joycerice.wordpress.com.
If you did not delete your blog content then it was deleted by someone who had access to your login information.
1. Go to your email program and change the password to a very difficult one because that’s how many hackers gain access to email accounts and to blogs.
2. Change the password on your WordPress.com username account to a very difficult one. http://en.support.wordpress.com/passwords/#change-your-password
3. Register a new blog http://en.support.wordpress.com/register-a-blog/ Be sure your blog password to a very difficult one > http://en.support.wordpress.com/passwords/#change-your-password
4. Disable post by email > http://en.support.wordpress.com/post-by-email/
5. Disable post by voice > http://en.support.wordpress.com/post-by-voice/
6. Use a secure, encrypted connection to connect to your Dashboard. Under Users → Personal Settings, check the box that says “Always use HTTPS when visiting administration pages, and click Save Changes.
7. implement two step authentication http://en.support.wordpress.com/security/two-step-authentication/
All content on your blog was deleted by your account on January 16.
Unfortunately, we no longer have any backups for your blog prior to this date.
I recommend following the tips that timethief outlined above to ensure that this does not happen again.
The topic ‘Content missing from blog’ is closed to new replies.