"Copy A Post" appears to be malfunctioning.
Instead of being prompted by Writing Helper to select from previous posts to use as a template, when I click on “Copy A Post,” I get the usual blank “New Post” screen. Any assistance appreciated. Thanks.
The blog I need help with is ibsimpact.wordpress.com.
I just checked my test blog and the copy a post feature is working there. Will you please provide us with some details so we can try to help you?
1. How are you connecting to the internet and to WordPress.com? The way you connect to the internet (mobile, satellite, DSL, dial-up) and to your blog, and how many proxy server jumps etc. it takes to connect can cause problems. There maybe be problems with your ISP and/or with the proxy servers.
2. Are you using http:// or https:// see http://en.support.wordpress.com/https/
3.Which browser and version of it are you using?
4. Have you tried clearing your browser cache and cookies? http://www.google.com/support/accounts/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=32050
5. Is your browser version up to date? You can upgrade any browser version here.
6. Do you have third party cookies enabled?
8. Do you have another browser you can try?
9. You can use this link to see if your Flash is up to date. http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ If it’s not up to date then this is where to download and install the latest version of Flash. http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/
10. Have you had any recent operating system and/or security program updates?
I am using a home wireless network connected to a cable Internet connection. This is what I normally use most of the time I am using WordPress, including “Copy A Post” The last time I used the Copy function was 2-3 weeks ago.
No difference whether or not I am using http or https.
I am using Firefox. somewhat out of date, but the problem also occurs with an up to date Internet Explorer. Again, these are the browsers I normally use I will update Firefox, but am trying to isolate any smaller issues in your list before changing anything else.
Cache and cookies cleared to no effect.
Third party cookies and Java enabled, and have been since before this problem began. Flash is up to date.
No recent change in operating system, (Windows 7) unless Windows has autoupdated something of which I’m not aware Security systems up to date–Windows Firewall, AVG Free, autoupdated earlier today. I have not done any manual installs or uninstalls of any software recently.
I have upgraded my browser. No change.
Nerts! I’m sorry that didn’t help. Do you have another browser you can try using?
I have Firefox and IE, and neither works. Rather than download yet another browser, I will try on another computer at a different location tomorrow, as well as waiting to see if it’s a temporary glitch. Thank you for trying to help
I am now at a different location on a completely different wired network and the problem still exists. When I mouse over “Copy a Post,” I see the link for a New Post, and that’s where it goes. Could somebody flag this for a support staff member please?
I seem to remember from this week one of the staff saying they’re changing the way it works. Whynot wait a few hours and report it directly to them via your dashboard Help button?
The topic ‘"Copy A Post" appears to be malfunctioning.’ is closed to new replies.