CURRENT ISSUE: Categories and Links/Blogrolls (updated)
See previous post…
Might be related to theme…
Sunburn theme was not showing blogroll.
Ocean Mist does show blogroll but then category name is missing…
I resolved my problem myself :)
I have 2 blogs with category issues
URL – http://tippedearclan.wordpress.com/
1. Categorised posts now appearing as uncategoried. Eg: http://tippedearclan.wordpress.com/2007/08/30/appeal-tec-clannies/
2. Categorised posts now missing some categories. eg:
http://tippedearclan.wordpress.com/2007/06/04/frankie-doing-well-2/. Missing categories: Animals, Cats, Homeseekers / Adoption and Stuff
3. Missing categories in Manage>categories, Manage>Posts, Write>Posts:
– Root Category: Homeseekers / Adoption. Sub-categories: Frankie, Angel, Cassie
– Root Category: Ztuff
– Sub category: Pet Supplies Bulletin (Root category: Kitty TLC)
– Root Category: Mojo Robbery Care Package / TNRM
– Root Category: Animal Helpers
– Root Category: Over the rainbow bridge
There’s a few other missing categories that i’m sure were there before. But I can’t list thme all as I have no basis for comparison of what I see now and I used to see even just a few days ago.
4. Missing Categories in Blogroll>Add Links
– Only 17 categories are visible, much less then the list visible on Manage>Categories
5. Unidentified Root category: 184874. It’s a valid category as I’ve one post categorised under it, But the synonym seems to have been stripped.
6. Missing categories on the blogroll when viewing the blog. I believe it is connected to what’s displayed on Blogroll>manage blogroll. All my links are categories but now many of the site links there do not have categories at all.
URL – http://calsifer.wordpress.com/
Problems: Similar to Blog1, specpfically points 3 and 4.
FYI. I have previously reported on these problems and was given this ref: WordPress #FRK-582078]. To date, I’ve not received any updates and have not managed to contact support about an update either.
Hope the issues are resolved soon. They’ve been a pain since January.
The categories for the posts and the blogroll have been mixed up – i.e. categories I only want(ed) to use for the blogroll are now appearing as categories for posts as well.
As I have almost the same categories (e.g. “Australien” for posts and “Australia” for the links) this is a bit annoying.
Is this desired behaviour or a bug?
I can add links to the blogroll ’til the cows come home, but they don’t show up, even in the administrative interface. I welcome a fix!
2) Categories are not showing for majority of posts (and there are not many, b/c this is a relatively new blog). Only one category is showing for what was the first post.
2) I can’t create/move a category to be a sub-categories of any existing/new categories
My categories cloud is not updating. I use categories, not tags.
The links seem to be strangely indendented to the right? I may have changed the default by mistake – any way of resetting that please?
Please go through the process of re-installing your Links widget in your sidebar. What you enter here –> Blogroll —> Add Link will not display in your sidebar until the Links widget is installed. And when the links are displayed they will be displayed in alphabetical order according to the Category you assigned to each one when adding them to your Blogroll.
–> Presentation –> Widgets (find the Links widget in the Available Widgets box and drag and drop it into the Sidebar box) –> click “Save Changes”.
You are using the Chaotic Soul theme and it is displaying links that seem to be in italics. I’m using a firefox 126.96.36.199 browser. Is that what you are seeing? Which browser and version of it are you using please?
Apologies – it is the Links under Blogroll – currently have “influencers” there, and as you can see it is indented to the right. Looks like a subsejection as have added cataegoires, but as I altered the original “blogroll” title, it shifted it sideways? Bizarre
I could be wrong but I believe that the one space indentation of links under the header titles in the sidebar is the way the theme is written. The same display is evidenced on my test blog as well.
I have been trying to create a blogroll with two items in it. They do not show up. I’ve waited several weeks. What have I done wrong?
Unless yours is a private blog, would you please post a link blog so we can see it?
You enter links into your Blogroll here -> Blogroll and you must assign them to a category when you do. Then you put your Links Widget into your sidebar here -> Presentation -> Widgets (drag the Links widget out of the Available widgets box and drop it into the Sidebar box, then click “Save Changes”. Although sidebar data is cached and there may be a slight delay your links should display in your sidebar in alphabetical order in accord with the Categories you assigned to them when you entered them into your Blogroll.
If you have done this and they do not display then you will need staff help. Support hours are from 9 – 5 PM Pacific time and you can use this link to reach staff http://wordpress.com/contact-support/
Hello, we have 5 Categories that are not coming up at http://mlmthegame.com/mlm-blog-home-business-blog
– Customer Aquisition
– Personal Growth
– Team Building
The topic ‘CURRENT ISSUE: Categories and Links/Blogrolls (updated)’ is closed to new replies.