Delete My Account
Please delete my account. I know it is possible, the support page on it says it is “not possible” but I know that it is. I can give the information to prove that this is my account.
Here’s how to deactivate your account:
All you were required to provide to register an account here was an email address that can be replaced at any time.
Any personal information that you voluntarily posted can also be removed at any time.
Although username accounts are not deleted, so you cannot be impersonated and have your reputation affected by anyone registering the same username in the future, there are steps you can take that amount to removing all personal information and result in leaving only a throwaway email address behind. http://en.support.wordpress.com/deleting-accounts/
1. You can go to My Account->Edit Profile and remove all data except the account name and an email address. Create a throwaway email address and change the account email to that throwaway address. This only leaves the username behind.
2. To unsubscribe from email sent to you from WordPress.com, go here and click on “Block all subscription emails from WordPress.com”:
3. To ensure the account is locked up tightly, visit this site, generate a password of 15-20 characters, and change the account password to it:
4. To hide your Gravatar profile, login and on the bottom right hand corner of your Gravatar profile page you will find a “hide” button visible only to you that you can click.
2. That link just brought me to the WordPress homepage?
3. I already have a 50-character password that has symbols, capitalization-changes, numbers, and things of that nature.
4. I don’t know what you are talking about here?
4. Every WordPress.com account is also a Gravatar account. The two are together forever.
I went on a search and the link for 2. has been changed to https://wordpress.com/settings/notifications/
__ Block Emails Block all email updates from blogs you’re following on WordPress.com
OK, I created a disposable email and changed the WordPress email to it. Then deleted the disposable email, I also did that for the Gravitar account. I also changed my account name.
Please wait 5 minutes and then reply to this thread and I will see if I receive an email.
don’t like it
OK I didn’t receive an email. Woo! Account disconnected! Thanks :)
The topic ‘Delete My Account’ is closed to new replies.