This has happened twice now. After making some changes on a post using the app, other posts have been deleted from my blog. Any ideas how I can get them back?
The blog I need help with is atasteofancientroutes.wordpress.com.
To locate draft POSTS Dashboard > Posts > All Post > Drafts
To locate draft PAGES Dashboard > Pages> All Pages > Drafts
Provided you did not create the post in the new Beep Beep Boop editor where it’s saved only on your browser, and is not auto-saved to the servers for your blog you may be able to recover a lost post or page.
If the post was created on the dashboard of your own blog at Dashboard > Posts > All Posts > Add New then you ought to be able to recover a lost post or page from revisions if needs be.
See also if applicable > restoring from trash http://en.support.wordpress.com/trash/#restoring-from-trash
(If you are referring to a Page then see here > http://en.support.wordpress.com/pages/page-revisions/)
1. Always create your posts on the dashboard of your own blog at
2. Dashboard > Posts > All Posts > Add New
3. Immediately after creating a post and entering a title click the save draft link. Thereafter, “click save draft” frequently.
4. Always allow pages to fully load before clicking any other links.
5. Never leave a post or page open for content creation or editing and walk away from it, or open another tab in the same blog and work on something else while it is still open. Save it properly and return to edit it later.
6. Use an offline blog editor so you have backups on your own computer http://en.support.wordpress.com/xml-rpc/
If you cannot locate a revision or restore from Trash then the content has been lost and cannot be recovered.
The topic ‘Deleted post’ is closed to new replies.