Need help? Check out our Support site, then

domain mapping

1. Hello,

last week I purchased the domain which was mapped to the wordpress blog by the previous owner.

Now I want to map my domain to my blog which I just created:

But I get the following error message:
    This domain has already been mapped to a blog.

- Old domain mapping went to:
    - That blogger does no longer own the domain
    - I want to map it to

Blog url:

2. You have several problems - all upgrades and blogs are owned by the person that bought or created them unless they have transferred them to another account. Everything needs to be transferred.

This domain expired 43 days ago!

You will need staff help to renew the domain name - I have flagged this for staff attention

3. Not sure but you might be able to have the staff move the subscribers

4. Thanks! I agree - staff will need to remove the mapping from the old blog so I can map it.

5. Usually The staff will only remove the mapping when requested by the original account that had the mapping - then there is still the small matter of the expired domain name

6. The domain name is no longer expired. If you go to and click on the "Registration" tab you will see that it was updated today (10-20-2012) and that it expires 2013-09-07!

7. Hi ecigstoryteller,

Sorry about that! We've fixed this - can you please try mapping the blog again? Let me know if you are still running into issues with it.

8. Also, the domain name isn't expired - it was just showing as expired on the other blog because the upgrade had expired.

9. Thank you so much for your help! I just mapped it and it is showing up!

10. Awesome! I'm glad everything worked out. Have a great weekend, and happy blogging. :)

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic

No tags yet.