domain mapping

• Author

Hello,

last week I purchased the domain ModernDayStoryTeller.com which was mapped to the wordpress blog moderndaystoryteller.wordpress.com by the previous owner.

Now I want to map my domain to my blog which I just created:
    modernstorytellerblog.wordpress.com

But I get the following error message:
    This domain has already been mapped to a WordPress.com blog.

Summary:
    – Old domain mapping went to: moderndaystoryteller.wordpress.com
    – That blogger does no longer own the domain
    – I want to map it to modernstorytellerblog.wordpress.com

Thanks!
    Blog url: http://modernstorytellerblog.wordpress.com/

The blog I need help with is modernstorytellerblog.wordpress.com.

auxclass

You have several problems – all upgrades and blogs are owned by the person that bought or created them unless they have transferred them to another account. Everything needs to be transferred.

Also:

This domain moderndaystoryteller.com expired 43 days ago!

You will need staff help to renew the domain name – I have flagged this for staff attention

auxclass

Not sure but you might be able to have the staff move the subscribers

Thanks! I agree – staff will need to remove the mapping from the old blog so I can map it.

auxclass

Usually The staff will only remove the mapping when requested by the original account that had the mapping – then there is still the small matter of the expired domain name

The domain name is no longer expired. If you go to http://whois.domaintools.com/moderndaystoryteller.com and click on the “Registration” tab you will see that it was updated today (10-20-2012) and that it expires 2013-09-07!

Hi ecigstoryteller,

Sorry about that! We’ve fixed this – can you please try mapping the blog again? Let me know if you are still running into issues with it.

Also, the domain name isn’t expired – it was just showing as expired on the other blog because the upgrade had expired.

Thank you so much for your help! I just mapped it and it is showing up!

Awesome! I’m glad everything worked out. Have a great weekend, and happy blogging. :)

The topic ‘domain mapping’ is closed to new replies.