Domain mapping stopped working
Is there a scheduled maintenance or some sort of downtime with Word Press right now? I’ve just noticed my two domains are no longer re-directing to my blog address. I’m a lil concerned because I haven’t changed anything since yesterday, and all I did then was add a new Page.
My blog is only a few days old and was working perfectly yesterday. The blog address is (pardon the language): http://fuckcrazyregcomics.wordpress.com.
My two domains that should be pointing to the blog address are: crazyregcomics.com and crazyreg.com. If you go to either of these domains, you will see a full red screen with a cartoon image of Crazy Reg on the left, and a Facebook widget on the right. This was the temp page I used long, long ago, which is located in my Pair.com hosting service account. Both my domain settings still have this sub-folder setting to point to this folder / page, HOWEVER the DNS details both are set to Word Press’ DNS addresses, which by all rights should (and have until today) overwritten this. I’ve re-confirmed my DNS settings for both domains, and they are still set to Word Press’ DNS addresses, see below:
Anyone else had this happen recently? What could be causing it?
In any case, I am glad (I guess) that the domains point to the old temp page instead of nothing at all, because if the domains are down for whatever reason, I would like any viewers to know they are still getting the right domain / address.
The blog I need help with is crazyregcomics.com.
No, I see your WordPress.com blog when I use those URLs. It may just be a temporary hiccup in your own end of the interwebs.
Hi, thanks for the reply. :)
I just noticed it’s fixed too. I posted nearly straight away, but the post didn’t take…
Either way, I ghuess it was as you said a hiccup, or maybe a maintenance at PairNIC or WP’s end.
Happy days again. :)
* POIWCK! *
Well, the post not taking could be a different issue. Some people are reporting that their work goes Poof, so I advise them to use an offline blog editor until staff have fixed the issue.
The topic ‘Domain mapping stopped working’ is closed to new replies.