Domain Name Purchase Problem
I recently purchased the domain name sciencedetectives.org through wordpress. I received a $25 charge in my account. When I go to the ‘domain’ section under my dashboard, however, I see no option for switching to the .org name. My site is currently parked at sciencedetectives.wordpress.com; how can I switch to sciencedetectives.org?
The blog I need help with is sciencedetectives.wordpress.com.
under the domains page, what options do you see?
The page looks exactly like it did before I purchased the domain. I see only the option for sciencedetectives.wordpress.com
I have contacted the staff twice and they have not responded to me. This is the confirmation email I received:
Thank you for your support request:
I registered my domain two days ago and still it does not show up in my account. Please respond to this question ASAP. I find it troubling that wordpress only offers domain name refunds for 48 hours but does not respond to queries within the same time frame. The $25 charge has shown up in my account but I am unable to access my domain.
Your message is flying through cyberspace to us as you read this. We will get back to you as soon as we can.
I have flagged this thread for Staff attention. Please be patient while waiting for a response./When we create a support ticket by contacting Staff it’s important to understand they have a backlog. They deal with the support tickets with the earliest dates furst. So if we contact them more than once of the same issue the date moves forward and it takes longer to get help.
It looks like the registration never went through, so I have added $25 in credit to your account.
Please feel free to try again and let us know how it goes!
Mmm, while we are on this topic I also have the same issue as science detectives. i.e wordpress.com. I esp paid to have just.com. Are you able to help me out also?
Exctly which domain name did you think you purchased please?
thank you. Okay, how do I quickly change it to a public blog please.
All done! I really appreciate your help. Cheers
Hi, my question is also regarding the domain. I sent 3 messages to support but no response unfortunately. Would be great if you could help:
1) I was trying to by a domain onlyamazingrecipes and got a msg: “That hostname cannot be added to this blog.” What do I do wrong??
2) I have bought a “no ads” option. I potentially want to change it for Go Pro but please remind me what is included in the go pro package and if I cant change the “no ads” to “pro”.
3) After I buy my domain (with your help, hopefully). Where and ho should I apply for the Wordads?
Thank you very much!
1. onlyamazingrecipes is not a domain name. You need to add an extension, either .com, .org, .net, or .me.
2. The Value Bundle includes the upgrades detailed at http://en.support.wordpress.com/bundles/
3. You can apply for WordAds at http://en.wordpress.com/apply-for-wordads/
In the future, please start a separate thread, as your questions were not related to the issue raised by this thread.
Oh thank you so much! I will start a separate thread next time!
The topic ‘Domain Name Purchase Problem’ is closed to new replies.