Domain Name Transfer – Serious Delay
More than a week ago, I completed all necessary steps to transfer my domain name to a Greek registrar. A couple of hours ago, the Greek registrar dissaprooved the domain name transfer application with this reason: “Canceled – The current registrar has rejected transfer (please contact them for details).”
What’s wrong? The domain name is not private and I followed all standard procedure steps required to complete this transfer.
I really need “lesvosnews.net” to be transferd ASAP to the Greek registrar, as we’re more than 4 days behind our schedule (a domain transfer process takes 2-5 days to be completed, not 7) and this is starting to cause serious problems (and financial losses as well) to our team.
Please check my issue – I really need to receive information about why this cancellation happened and what we can do to complete the domain name transfer as soon as possible and fix this inconvenience.
If possible, I would appreciate if you could also send all responses & necessary technical information to this email address: info at orion-web.gr, the IT company we collaborate with.
The blog I need help with is lesvosnews.net.
I don’t see anything that would have prevented the transfer.
Please do try again following this guide, and make sure that you unlock the domain: http://en.support.wordpress.com/domain-mapping/domain-management/#transfer-to-another-registrar
But I also hadn’t seen anything that could have prevented the transfer on the first place.
So how can I be sure that the 2nd attempt will not take another 8 days before it gets… cancelled again?
In this case, I recommend starting the transfer and just checking in with the receiving registrar in about two days regarding the status of the transfer.
I just started the started once again. I followed all necessary steps described in the guide http://en.support.wordpress.com/domain-mapping/domain-management/#transfer-to-another-registrar.
How much time does it usually take for the domain name to appear as “pending” in the WP domain manager?
The domain name transfer is now completed. Thank you for your support.
The topic ‘Domain Name Transfer – Serious Delay’ is closed to new replies.