domain transfer?

• I have two registered domains that direct to my free site address http://www.travellinginfinity.wordpress.com… I have renewed one, colorofoutdoors.com, but now travellinginfinity.com is up for renewal. If I don’t renew travellinginfinity.com will my site still work properly with colorofoutdoors.com directing to the free wordpress site address?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• thistimethisspace · Member ·

I tagged this thread for Staff assistance. Please subscribe to it so you are notified when they respond. To subscribe look in the sidebar of this thread, find the subscribe to topics link and click it.

• Hello –

Even though colorofoutdoors.com is set as the primary domain for the site, when the domain travellinginfinity.com expires you will see an error message on your site unless you delete the domain mapping and registration for travellinginfinity.com.

You can do that at any time before the domain expires, or you can have us do it for you. Keep in mind though, when you let a domain expire, you may not be able to get it back. So if there is even a remote possibility that you might want to use travellinginfinity.com in the future, you should probably renew it. You don’t need to renew the mapping if you don’t want.

Here more about what happens when domains expire: Domain Expiration

Just let us know what you’d like to do.

• Thank you so much for the follow up @burceallen.

As long as colorofoutdoors.com works for my free blog travellinginfinity.wordpress.com then I’m comfortable letting the travellinginfinity.com domain go – I no longer plan to keep that brand alive.

So what would I need to do, just go into my upgrade options and click “cancel domain?”

• sorry – @bruceallen that should read! ^

• Yes, you’d go into Store>My Upgrades and cancel the upgrades for travellinginfinity.com.

• The only option I see is to cancel the privacy upgrade? I simply don’t wish to use travellinginfinity.com as a domain anymore, just colorofoutdoors.com which is the main domain for travellinginfinity.wordpress.com

• Hi Mandy Joy –

I went ahead and removed those subscriptions for you. You should be all set now!

• Awesome :) Just looked.. thank you so much for your help!

• The topic ‘domain transfer?’ is closed to new replies.