Duster: Change "Home" title on menu bar
I’m messing with the CSS on the Duster theme and am looking for the possibility of changing the title of “Home” on the menu bar. Any thoughts on this?
The blog I need help with is sleepstudymusic.com.
Some themes have “home” tabs coded into the template. They are not actual pages just tabs that when clicked by visitors anywhere in the blog will return them to the front page of the blog. We cannot edit templates.
If you wish you can create another “home” static page ie. an actual page and not just a tab. Then you can create a custom menu and include only that page in it and not the tab. Note: If you wish you can also include pages and sub-pages, categories and sub-categories, and/or custom links of your own choice and your custom menu as well.
pages > http://en.support.wordpress.com/pages/
custom menu > http://en.support.wordpress.com/menus/
1. You create a custom menu.
2. You add the Parent pages you want to display and arrange them in the order you want.
3. Then you add and drop and drag the subpages below the appropriate Parent pages, and when you have everything arranged in the menu that you want you save the menu.
4. Go to the “theme location” module at upper left on the menu page. Select your custom menu name from the pulldown labeled “primary location.” Click the save button in that module.
5. Refresh your browser so that it isn’t possibly pulling a cached page, and view see your new menu with Parent pages and dropdowns to sub-pages.
You. Are. BRILLIANT!
Not really but thanks for saying so and best wishes with your blogging. :)
The topic ‘Duster: Change "Home" title on menu bar’ is closed to new replies.