What exactly are these? I tried logging out to see how I could follow my own blog via Facebook but the only option is with my email address, so I have no idea what this means! And the number of facebook followers I have is way too high compared to the number of email followers.
The blog I need help with is bytheseaaa.wordpress.com.
I’m not SURE but THINK that FB followers means teh number of people who commented via FB login and are followign the comments automatically.
That can’t be it because barely like 4 different people have ever commented on my posts, and it says I have hundreds of fb followers?? Thank you, though.
I have 333 Facebook Followers and an average of 2.something comments per post for http://raincoastermedia.com which is in line with these numbers.
I was just about to post the same question.
I have just launched my blog and I have all these apparent twitter and facebook followers. Is this right. I would like to believe so.
1 WordPress.com blog followers. 0 WordPress.com comment followers.
111 Twitter followers. 68 Facebook followers.
Just to say when i upload my posts i do publicize it via facebook and twitter.
Any comments would be appreciated
Frankly, as a social media professional, these numbers seem reasonable to me.
You’re welcome. Seems to me they’re counting as Followers anyone who’s rt’d you or Liked you, and that makes sense, that the numbers would be that much larger.
Just two questions raincoaster.
1. I am about to update my facebook account. At the moment I have a personal facebook ac which I am using for my business. I am just in the process of opening a company facebook account. So once that is done I will publicize future posts to the new facebook company account. Will this be detrimental to those whom are following me already. I assume that they wont get notification of my new posts. So what’s the best way of dealing with it so I do not loose my existing followers.
2. As you don’t have friends on facebook business accounts just visitors that ‘like’ you. When i publicize a new post does the notification go to all the poeple whom have liked me?
I would like to know the answer to this question, too.
A few weeks ago, I created a Facebook page and suggested it to 260 of my friends. Before I invited my friends, my Email Subscription widget counter showed 9 followers. After I invited my friends, the widget still showed 9 followers, BUT the Site Stats said that I had 260 Facebook followers!
Now, the Email Subscription widget counter says 269 followers. I’m not sure what is going on. How are the followers counted? I’m pretty sure not all the people I invited decided to ‘Follow’ my blog. Only about 30 of them ‘Liked’ it on Facebook.
Another question I just thought of. Is there any way to find out who my Facebook followers are? I mean, I can see other WordPressblog followers and I can see a list of comment followers. Is there a way to see a list of Facebook followers?
Is there a way to see a list of Facebook followers?
Facebook users set up their Facebook privacy settings on their own Facebook accounts.
Going back to biomike’s two questions:
1) Do not change the way Publicize works. Just put your blog posts on your page via an app like Networked Blogs or RSS graffiti that will do it automatically.
2) No. Nor does it go to all your friends now. It is shown in their timelines according to algorithms that FB guards closely, but the best way to get your stuff to show up is to post it to FB manually. Autoposts via Publicize or other apps are downgraded and less likely to show up.
biomike1’s numbers might make sense, but mine do not.
My numbers jumped from 9 to 269 in about one day and I did not get 260 visitors in that one day. Can someone ‘Follow’ a blog without actually visiting the blog?
We are waiting to hear from staff on that one. There’s another fellow who’s had an increase of 220,000 Facebook Followers but only 16 views over that period.
Let me explain!
When you verify & connect to external sites like Facebook or Twitter to publicize your blog posts : People who have liked (your verified facebook page) or following you (on twitter) are regarded as followers your post updates and are added to your followers list.
wordpress.com has divided followers in following categories:
1. WordPress.com Followers: Having WP.com accounts.
2. Email Subscribers: Not having WP.com accounts but subscribed via email form button
3. Twitter Followers: Your Twitter Followers
4. Facebook Followers: Facebook Fans of your page
So it only works if you use Publicize and send it to your Page? Not your Profile? And not if you don’t use Publicize?
I have 30 Facebook Likes. I do not have a Twitter account (*gasp*!) So, it cannot be people who have liked my Facebook Page.
I did invite about 260 people on Facebook to my Facebook Page, but only 30 of them clicked on the ‘Like’ button.
It looks like the counter is counting the number of people I invited. The Email Subscription widget only very recently increased to 269 – it was showing just 9 previously. The Site Stats, however, did show my Facebook followers as 260.
Thanks, that’s useful.
The topic ‘Facebook Followers’ is closed to new replies.