features not functioning
I have The Origin Theme.
1) July 2, 2013 post (Look, I made it! → ‘My Home Food That’s Amore’s’ The Crunch Factor in Pasta…) featured image does not come through on Home page.
2) Footer Column 2’s Widget ‘Category’ does not work.
The blog I need help with is fae-magazine.com.
Hi there – I see the featured image for that post now. Were you able to fix this yourself?
For the category widget, if you have two category widgets and both are dropdown menus, only one functions. Thanks for reporting this! I have opened a bug report for this. In the meantime, you can either remove one of the category widgets, or make it not a dropdown menu.
Thank you for your response.
Hope you’re having a great holiday festivities.
1) The featured image shows going from ‘Archive’ or ‘Categories’, but does not show when viewed on the front/home page.
2) For now, I removed the 2nd category widget. Thanks for opening a bug report.
Looking forward to your response.
One more thing…
Why is this theme’s
‘previous page’ on right hand side, and
‘next page’ on the left hand side?
Isn’t this odd? It should be like going through pages of magazines (this is not a Japanese magazine)
Thank you! :D
Hi Fae –
That’s strange, I see the featured image on the front page now, and did the last time as well:
If that’s not what you see (or that’s not what you’re talking about) can you please send me a screenshot? Here are instructions for how to make a screenshot: http://en.support.wordpress.com/make-a-screenshot/
You can upload it to your blog’s Media Library and I can look at it there.
On blogs, typically the navigation to the previous post is on the left (since that post is older), and to the next post is on the right. This is because blogs organize posts in reverse chronological order, so it’s as if you’re scrolling left-to-right, oldest-to-newest.
1) Let me study screenshot and get back to you.
2) As for paging, I think you are agreeing with me (how it should be).
Based on what I have seen so far, my theme is only one reversed and ‘previous’ post is on the right hand side (it should be on the left as you say).
1) I am sorry, I don’t know what to do with the sceenshot. Without signing in, I viewed from my husband’s computer and the feature photo does not show either. I don’t want to repost (copy paste into a new post) because I’d loose the comments.
2) A miracle happened. The left/right got corrected. I know I didn’t do anything. Thank you very much for your time and patience.
Hi Fae – Here’s what your site looks like on my end:
Is that not what you see? What looks different for you?
Yes, isn’t it pretty? :D )))
Now, please scroll down to July 2 post:
LOOK, I MADE IT! → ‘MY HOME FOOD THAT’S AMORE’S’ THE CRUNCH FACTOR IN PASTA…
you will not see the featured photo. I re loaded and tweaked it and nothing works.
The image is over-sized
4,000px × 3,000px (scaled to 745px × 559px)
If your post has a Featured Image set, it will display as a post thumbnail on the blog index. Post thumbnails are 154 pixels wide, unless you make the post Sticky, in which case they’re the full column width of 640 pixels.
All my photos are large… I use the same camera.
I have to learn how to scale down photo size.
Any instruction page? :(….
Hi again Fae,
I use either free online image resizer sites or free desktop image editing programs.
That way I’m not wasting my free image storage space, I get the best image quality and I don’t have any troubleshooting to do.
Thank you for the lead, TimeThief. I will study and learn. :-)
. It’s very easy to use an online image editing program to resize your images before you upload them. You can make them the exact size required. You’re welcome and best wishes, Fae.
The topic ‘features not functioning’ is closed to new replies.