(If this is the wrong forum for this topic, please move it.)
I saw the new sticky post announcing these changes, including the statement "Our visual and text editors feature the same functions, but look better! "
Well, some may think they look better, but they're a lot harder to use. I use the text editor to upload media. After I've selected or uploaded an image, I don't get to scroll down anymore to type in and/or select all the controls I want to specify. Instead,
1. All these controls are squished into the rightmost quarter of the popup box: leaving most of the popup box either blank (if I've uploaded one image) or full of images that I did not select. Really bad use of real estate.
2. All the text entry fields except "Caption" are cut off at the right hand side, so I cannot see all the text I'm typing. If I type the alphabet into the "description" box, I can see only letters a through o before letters start disappearing off the right edge, and I don't see them again until "wxyz" appears wrapped around on the next line. (I'm using a text zoom level of 170%.)
3. The Caption text entry box appears to be resizable, but none of the others are. I expect that if they are, their little resize widget has also vanished off the right edge.
4. If I've selected or uploaded multiple images, I can't tell whether the control information on the right is meant to apply to *all* of them, or only to the one I presently have selected. It would be weird if it were all (all images linking to the same URL??), but I couldn't tell how to affect just one of them.
5. In "media library" mode, I would much, much, much rather see a list of filenames than a grid of thumbnail images (which also take longer to load). Is there a way to change that setting?
The blog I need help with is gaudetetheology.wordpress.com.