Feedback on Changes to Media Handling
(If this is the wrong forum for this topic, please move it.)
I saw the new sticky post announcing these changes, including the statement “Our visual and text editors feature the same functions, but look better! “
Well, some may think they look better, but they’re a lot harder to use. I use the text editor to upload media. After I’ve selected or uploaded an image, I don’t get to scroll down anymore to type in and/or select all the controls I want to specify. Instead,
1. All these controls are squished into the rightmost quarter of the popup box: leaving most of the popup box either blank (if I’ve uploaded one image) or full of images that I did not select. Really bad use of real estate.
2. All the text entry fields except “Caption” are cut off at the right hand side, so I cannot see all the text I’m typing. If I type the alphabet into the “description” box, I can see only letters a through o before letters start disappearing off the right edge, and I don’t see them again until “wxyz” appears wrapped around on the next line. (I’m using a text zoom level of 170%.)
3. The Caption text entry box appears to be resizable, but none of the others are. I expect that if they are, their little resize widget has also vanished off the right edge.
4. If I’ve selected or uploaded multiple images, I can’t tell whether the control information on the right is meant to apply to *all* of them, or only to the one I presently have selected. It would be weird if it were all (all images linking to the same URL??), but I couldn’t tell how to affect just one of them.
5. In “media library” mode, I would much, much, much rather see a list of filenames than a grid of thumbnail images (which also take longer to load). Is there a way to change that setting?
The blog I need help with is gaudetetheology.wordpress.com.
Some of these issues should resolve when you upgrade to Firefox17. We’ve noticed some issues with the versions below 17 (specifically 16, but I see you’re on 15).
Some of these are style choices, but I gladly take all feedback back to the team – all well-reasoned feedback (like yours) is valuable to us as we constantly are improving our tools.
Just let me know if you experience additional bugs after you upgrade!
The topic ‘Feedback on Changes to Media Handling’ is closed to new replies.