Followers

• Author

mhs1961

Is there any way that I can add the people that I invited to my private WordPress website as a Follower of my website rather than having them sign up as a Follower of my website???

The blog I need help with is 1961mhs.wordpress.com.

supernovia
    Staff

Hi @mhs1961, I’m not sure what you mean, re: adding them as a follower instead of signing them up as a follower.

Can you clarify? Let us know what you have in mind and we’ll help you find the best way to go about it.

mhs1961

I have a private WordPress webpage & I have invited my classmates to join the webpage. Most classmates don’t realize that they can click on the Follow button to receive new blogs that are posted on the website. Is there anyway that I can automatically add their email address to the Follow list for my website?

supernovia
    Staff

Got it, so you would like to invite viewers to be followers, correct?

Have you tried inviting them here?
    https://wordpress.com/people/followers/1961mhs.wordpress.com

mhs1961

No, Not Viewers, they are Authors. I would like to automatically have the Authors be Followers.

supernovia
    Staff

Can you invite the authors as followers, using that page?

mhs1961

They accepted my invitation to my website and they did not understand that they need to click on the Follow button to receive new posted blogs from the class website. Is there no way I can automatically accept them as Followers once they have accepted my invitation to my website???

fstat
    Staff

Hi there,

No, they need to subscribe themselves to receive updates from your site. Please send them those instructions on how to start following your site:

https://en.support.wordpress.com/following/

mhs1961

Ok, thanks.

The topic ‘Followers’ is closed to new replies.