Four Questions From a Newbie
So, being relatively new, I am making a photography website for my friend, and I need some help with some things.
Firstly, how would I make it so a user can play a song from however many ones I uploaded, like an itunes on the webpage? Have a separate page devoted to it, and then make it so that way when they leave the page, the song they want still plays?
Secondly, what’s the best thing to use if I want people to not right click and save as… to any image I post? I want only the people who donate be able to do that to any image, and anyone who buys a certain picture to be able to do that for only that picture.
Thirdly, because of the above, I want to know the best thing to use for accounts. Nothing major, just maybe an avatar, username, password, and email. That’s it. It can’t be too hard right?
Fourthly, I want people to be able to share a like any individual image on the site, like any thumbnails in the galleries, possible?
Thanks a ton guys, it means a lot
The blog I need help with is lifefromayoungun.wordpress.com.
1) You can’t. If they leave the page, the song stops. But here are the audio options if you can live with that http://en.support.wordpress.com/audio/
2) Anyone can work around all the protections for right click save disabling. It takes seconds. If your whole premise is built around disabling that, I’m afraid you shouldn’t put those pictures online at all. Most people upload low res, small versions, and watermark the pictures. Look at Wenn, for instance.
4) you want to disable people saving your images or reposting them, yet you want to enable sharing? That’s contradictory, but you can enable sharing from the Dashboard->Settings->Sharing page.
1. Even if you use their ip address as something to attach the music too so that way you know that they chose it?
2. But on some websites I’ve seen people have images that you can’t just right click and save as. Oh well.
4. I understand what you mean. Maybe I’ll just have options to buy a photo for a dollar or something.
Also, I know this is a completely different question. I figured out the images thing by the way, you just install the plugin no right click, also, is there a way to put an add to cart button on each photo when enlarged, they’re in a gallery though. I also would like to know if it’s possible to script it so that way if someone has bought an image they can download it, I want to do it so that way it’s on someone’s account. Like attach the fact that they bought it to their account.
you just install the plugin
There is no FTP access to free hosted WordPress.COM blogs and we cannot intsall plugins, upload third-party themes or edit templates or themes. Those found on the internet are for WordPress.ORG installs which run on different software.
There is no upgrade you can purchase from WordPress.com that changes anything stated here http://support.wordpress.com/com-vs-org/ and restated again here > http://en.support.wordpress.com/domain-mapping/#important-notes-before-upgrading and restated again here > http://en.support.wordpress.com/custom-design/#frequently-asked-questions
The blog I have there isn’t the actual one I need help with, I used a different website to create my website, but have a wordpress install on it.
the website is alexandraleighphotography.com
Your site here alexandraleighphotography.com is not hosted on WordPress.COM and you are posting to the wrong support forum. This forum is only for support of sites hosted on WordPress.COM. Your support questions must be posted to the correct support site for your software and that is here http://wordpress.ORG/support/ For more on the differences: http://support.wordpress.com/com-vs-org/
The topic ‘Four Questions From a Newbie’ is closed to new replies.