I read an entire story about an issue related to a paid domain that didn't work. I saw answers from the volunteer comunity and is very supportive to see that there are people that really answer. My experience with wordpress support is a good one either. I got quickly answers and so far, it was helpful.
I am writing to you because I do not get very close to the idea of a free blog versus paid domain. And I have a few questions, I would like to answers to, now, before I go further with registrations and the work.
- I understand the you can have a name.com site through wordpress ONLY if you have a blog name.wordpress.com? is it right?
- to have the name.com you should register first the blog name.wordpress.com?
- the name.com is in appearance the same thing as the blog name.wordpress.com? the only difference IN ASPECT is the the url name?
- what are the advantages to have a paid domain? the name you use is it yours in terms of rights? for a free blog if you have a name for it it goes for ever, but for a paid domain what are the terms? the support you get is the same as you get for a free blog? what are the differences?
- what are the differences between a domain registration through wordpress and domain registration through an independent company where there is a contract with terms, rights, etc. I saw that the prices are more or less the same.
In fact I pay 17$ per year only to have the URL easier as xxxx.com. Please tell me what do you know about this. And what are the correct steps to make it clear from errors from the beginning. I do not know much about these. I learn.
And I thank you for the answers!
The blog I need help with is livingdemo.wordpress.com.