Free way to promote blog
It was always pretty difficult to promote sites for free. We live in the world where money rules.
And popular people are people that have a lot of money or friends on Facebook. But often, the popularity does not mean quality.
I did not really like it, but there was no other way: adding friends, writing articles, posting tweets, using social bookmarking sites – all this is daily hard work for people that don’t have enough money, but want to be heard.
And once I got the idea. What if I create a website where the content will reach everyone who is interested in it. That is, choose your interests and all the information regarding these interests will be shown to you. Absolutely for free.
This was a basic idea of Inposted.
It is pretty easy to promote your site. Write interesting content and share it. For example, if you write about football, everyone who is interested in football will get your post. And so you instantly will have crowd of readers.
And all this is absolutely for free!
Site is http://www.inposted.com
Welcome to WordPress.com where we have only technical support forums that cannot be used for blog promotion or discussion purposes. Please respect our policy and promote your blog in social networks. https://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic/forums-housekeeping?replies=1
edited by Tess to note that a spammer’s comment above has been removed. The ideas forum is not for blog promotion.
Reciprocity is alive and well in the blogosphere. Social networking is strictly give to get. It takes months of posting unique content frequently to attract viewers who will actually submit comments. The best way to get comments on your own posts is to leave meaningful comments on blogs with similar content to what’s in your own blog. Set a goal of commenting on “X” number of blogs weekly and carry through.
These 5 videos introduce how Google discovers, crawls, indexes your site’s pages, and how Google displays them in search results. It also touches lightly upon challenges webmasters and search engines face, such as duplicate content http://onecoolsitebloggingtips.com/2010/03/22/5google-webmasters-video-tutorials/
If you are using a WordPress.com theme good SEO is a given. However, going beyond the theme what the blogger has done within that structure is worth evaluating. Whether you write informative, persuasive or controversial content learning how search engines work, and how to apply basic SEO to you content will benefit your blog as it will increase traffic from targeted readers. http://onecoolsitebloggingtips.com/2011/10/21/two-seo-videos-for-bloggers/
Here are 25 basic steps to take to increase traffic to your blog:
1. Structure a reader and search engine blog;
2. In blogging content is king create unique, high quality content so publish fresh content frequently;
3. Learn basic SEO so you can use keywords effectively and apply basic SEO to your headlines, blog and posts;
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of improving the visibility of a website or a web page in search engines via the “natural” or un-paid (“organic” or “algorithmic”) search results.
4. Make your blog posts look professional;
5. Create at least 4-6 pillar posts and continue to create pillar posts;
Pillar posts are also referred to as flagship content. Pillar posts are comprehensive posts that offer great value to readers as the contents are timeless in nature. They define you as having authority in the niche you blog in.
6. Select and link to appropriate anchor text;
7. Leave meaningful comments on related blogs and encourage comments on your own blog;
8. Develop relationships with other bloggers so you can build a blog readers’ community around your own blog;
9. Support the blog centered communities on related blogs by commenting on them and promoting posts from them;
10. Link to authoritative sources in your posts;
11. Deep link to your earlier related posts in your new posts;
12. Assign appropriate categories and tag your posts with care;
13. Link to related authoritative blogs in your blogroll;
14. Provide RSS feeds for subscribers;
RSS (Rich Site Summary or really simple syndication) is a format for delivering regularly changing web content. Many news-related sites, weblogs and other online publishers syndicate their content as an RSS Feed to whoever wants it.
15. Having a well designed theme is important, evaluate your theme for effectiveness, and if required, create a new header, make improvements or replace your theme and reduce page loading time;
16. Avoid cluttering your blog with widgets that lack reader value and slow page loading time;
17. Buy your own domain and domain mapping;
18. Verify your blog with the three big search engines.
19. Get organized, use an online to do list by developing a blogging workflow;
20. Join social networks and social media sites like Facebook and use Twitter, Friendfeed and other Free RSS directories to promote your blog posts;
21. Promote your blog through social networks, online groups, and selected directories;
22. Develop a social media time management strategy and stick to it;
23. Submit your latest pillar article to a blog carnival;
24. Become a guest blogger on sites with higher page rank than your own site.
25. Create newsletters and/or ebooks for your subscribers.
TT, why did you even bother dignifying that paid spam with your actual content?
I thought perhaps the next person who clicks into this thread may actually need help with increasing traffic.
I’ve removed the spammer, but for the sake of the next person who wants help increasing traffic timethief has provided excellent advice.
Note to all: the ideas forum is for ideas about improving the wordpress.com platform.
The topic ‘Free way to promote blog’ is closed to new replies.