Front page size & archives

• Good evening

I just added a widget to my blog – “archives” – and thought that by doing it, posts made in June would go to the archives and “disappear” from the front page.

evidently, I am clueless about blogging. :-)

the archives worked ok, but my front page still contains all the entries and it is getting too long. How can I shorten it and add a link that would say “older posts” – like I see in some websites around?

Sorry if this subject has been beaten to death – my search came up with a few things that did not help me.

my blog is
    http://bewitchingkitchen.wordpress.com

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Posts will appear on the front (main blog page) in reverse chronological order. Adding the archives widget will not remove a previous month’s posts – or any month’s posts for that fact. To decrease the number of posts shown on the blog page, go to settings > reading and you can change it there. Make sure and click “save changes” when done. The “older posts” link will be automatic when you have more posts than the number set under settings > reading.

• Ok, perfect. Will do that.

another question, more or less related. Is it possible to have a secondary page on the blog (in my case, would be the “Cantinho Brasileiro” that contains posts in Portuguese) to behave like a front page, in the sense that new things would be added on the top etc etc?

• Do that by assigning categories to the posts. Then when people click on the “Cantinho Brasileiro” category in the categories sidebar widget it will present them with a page with only those posts on it.

• There is also a trick covered in this blog post on how to put a link to the “Cantinho Brasileiro” category in your top navigation if you wish: http://wpbtips.wordpress.com/2009/03/26/page-tabs-as-external-links/ .

• I forgot to thank you again….

:-)

I still haven’t done the categories thing, but saved all your suggestions and the link, to do it when I have a couple of hours free (yeah, as if that will happen soon :-)

• The topic ‘Front page size & archives’ is closed to new replies.