1) I'm trying to get my self-hosted site to show up in the WordPress.com directory. How do I do that? I never hosted the blog on WordPress.com.
1. That's not possible. WordPress.com and WordPress.org are completely separate. WordPress.org installs are stand alone islands. They are not part of the WordPress.com community. Only free hosted WordPress.com blogs are part of the WordPress.com community.
2. Reblogging is a controversial feature, which is available only to WordPress.com bloggers and can only be used to reblog posts on free hosted WordPress.com blogs. For wordpress.com bloggers who want to reblog posts on blogs hosted elsewhere we use "Press this".
3. We do not provide support for installing the capacity on your website to draw the RSS feed from your blog. Does your website have the ability to draw from an RSS feed?
If so, then this is the RSS feed for the blog linked to your user name for posts (entries) http://NAME_OF_BLOG.wordpress.com/feed/ and this is the RSS feed Url for your comments http://NAME_OF_BLOG.wordpress.com/comments/feed/
If your website is NOT equipped to draw from RSS feeds then do be aware we do not provide support for that. We support only wordpress.COM free hosted blogs here.
4. Also note that these WordPress.com support forums are only for those with free hosted WordPress.com blogs. You will have to register a uasername account on the top right hand corner of this page http://wordpress.org/support/ and post all support questions pertaining to your wordpress.org install you must post to that site.
Best wishes with your new site.