Ghost Posts – posts on my blog that I did not write
I have been finding ghost posts (as I call them) on my blog that I have not written nor consented to be uploaded to my blog.
I do not share the blog with another author and I have also changed my password a couple of times yet still the posts are appearing.
It is annoying as the posts often are not on subjects I would even consider about writing or discussing.
Any idea what I can do to stop these?
The blog I need help with is lupideloop.wordpress.com.
1. If you do not mind, could you mention what these posts are ABOUT? Why so? Because whenever you make a new blog, WP has preset or lets say default posts set up on your blog. |
2. You may have written them, but have forgotten about them.
3. You’re website has been hacked or you yourself have been hacked. I say, you should contact support right away. This could lead to the leaking of your personal information.
Hi pikachu and thanks for the reply..
To answer your questions:
1. They vary but with one common theme – they seem to orginate from an arab country, Originally it was posts describing texts from the Quran, recently though it seems to be adverts about clothing from Saudi Arabia. Apart from that my blog is not new so I do not think they are preset posts – those are something like ‘My first blog post’ type of things.
2. Most definitely not posts I would have made. First off – I rarely post to the blog and when I do I would definitely know about it. Second – the posts cover subjects I would never have penned myself.
3. That was my thought and that is why I changed the password – however the posts continued to happen even after changing the password.
A thought I had was – could it be from one of the links I have granted access to example my twitter account?
Can you give us the URL of one of those posts?
Have you changed your EMAIL password and disabled Post By Email and other remote services? The #1 way people are hacked is via their email being hacked.
Here you go raincoaster:
this post came in today.
Changing my email passwaord and disabling post by email I had not done… going to do that now.
Cheers for the advice.
Go to your email program and change the password to a very difficult one because that’s how many hackers gain access to blogs
Read > http://en.support.wordpress.com/security/
1. If you can log-in go here > Users > All Users and delete any user that does not belong there.
2. Disable post by email > http://en.support.wordpress.com/post-by-email/
3. Disable post by voice > http://en.support.wordpress.com/post-by-voice/
4. Change your blog password to a very difficult one > http://en.support.wordpress.com/passwords/#change-your-password
5. Use a secure, encrypted connection to connect to your Dashboard. Under Users → Personal Settings, check the box that says “Always use HTTPS when visiting administration pages, and click Save Changes.
Done all the points mentioned above. Fingers crossed now.
The topic ‘Ghost Posts – posts on my blog that I did not write’ is closed to new replies.