Google Analytics Wanted. Vote for it

• Author

justjennifer

Analytics/Adsense are two sides of the same coin, so as they’re running Adsense, no matter how “occasionally”, it’s likely that they’re also running Analytics to track it.

To make a long story short, I’m with arifsali on offering extended data in the present stat system.

Agreed, they are collecting the data here, so they should be able to give more of it to the bloggers.

jayantraj7

if WordPress.com will give Google Analytics,then what will be use of WordPress Stats left??[first think this]

THE BUILT-IN STATS IS FOR THAT ONLY.YES,I KNOW ANALYTICS GIVE MORE INFORMATION ON VISITORS BUT WHEN YOU DON’T HAVE TO EARN MONEY,WHAT’S THE SPECIAL USE??…

yeshuadoc

I definnitely want Google Analytics. The built in WordPress stats really kinda suck – it’s very important to see where your traffic is coming from and the WordPress stats definitely aren’t telling me.

The Google Analytics format and layout are more in-depth, and while I frequently check the built in Stats on WordPress, I would like the deeper stats from Google Analytics! Please? Pretty please, with sugar on top?

leipzig79

pro

mark
    Staff

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/05/25/google_ssl_search_and_web_analytics/

Put it on any site anywhere and you will not get all you want.
    Google will know.
    They just won’t tell you.

diamondpot

Hi Mark,
    It makes me feel really happy that someone from Support have left a comment in the thread started by me. Actually I love WP and Analytics too so thought it would be a good thing if we can use Analytics in WP. Actually as a blogger I want to know which are my most read posts, nations from where people are visiting my blog, bounce rates etc. It makes me feel good to know that my blog is read by people from different nations but WP stats doesn’t allows us to know that. If Analytics is not allowed then kindly upgrade the stats system if its okay.

I will not close this thread as this thread allowed me know lots of people’s thinking’s about Analytics and I would love to hear more.

Thanks
    TC

timethief

@diamondpot
    There are several free third party non – javacript visitor tracking systems we can use on wordpress.com blogs. Some a real time live tracking systems and some are not. I use them to obtain the information that you itemize above. If you are interested in reading brief reviews of them then they are found under “Visitor tracking” on my popular posts page. Simply click my username to locate the blog.

justjennifer

Google will know.
    They just won’t tell you.

So, sorta like the present system? :)

arifsali

You can opt yourself out of Google Analytic tracking.

http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout

socialkarma

YES PLEASE!!!!!

emilleejoyce

For those who vote “no:” just because you do not wish to use google analytics does not mean we shouldn’t have the option.

I vote “yes.” Why? Because google analytics provides much more information then the stats already provided by wordpress. It is also much more accurate. It is much easier to use then other 3rd party trackers I have used. One thing google analytics offers that wordpress does not is the amount of time people spend on your site. I find that information very helpful. I also like to see the different traffic sources, that way I can know how my blog is being found.

If wordpress would offer more in depth statistics, then google analytics would not be necessary. It still offers the best and most in depth statistics around.

It is also much more accurate.

Not true.

The stats program here at wordpress.COM run on the same servers as our blogs, which means that it is not susceptible to internet connections, internet outages, heavy internet traffic or Google datacenter or server issues. When I was running Analytics on my blog as a test for a while, I had two days when they logged zero (0) hits on my blog, and since it was a server and/or Analytics software issue at Google, those hits for those two days were never recovered. They were never logged at Google. From my logs at my web host, I know that the system tried to send the hits to Google, but they simply would not respond or accept the data.

sb0502

Google Analytics.. Yes please!!

I am really not happy with the inbuilt WP stat counter… It may seem sufficient for those who have never tried Google Analytics.. but believe me it’s nowhere near Google Analytics..

And although I switched over to WP from blogger because it just seemed so much classier.. but it sucks to not be able to install anything external be Analytics or adsense.

timethief

vanessaboz

can someone please clarify the thread above…i am not good at all with technology. i use wordpress bc it’s very easy to write posts, but i need to know where my readers come from, the details behind it all..i would like something good like what we can get with google analytics. is it possible or not? pls help! thx

timethief

I’m not sure what you want clarified.

1. We all have wordpress.com stats running on our blogs and Staff have stated in this entry that we cannot have Google Analytics See here > http://en.support.wordpress.com/stats/

2. We can use non-javascript third party stats programs on our blogs only as the software will strip javascript code out. See here > http://en.support.wordpress.com/code/ I have posted links to reviews of the non-javascript third party stats programs we can use on wordpress.com blogs immediately above your comment.

3. There is no such thing as “voting” in a situation of corporate decision making, and IMHO keeping this thread going amounts to “beating a dead horse” over and over and over again – no script – no Google Analytics.

amsalice2010

yes, please add google analytics to wordpress!

vovanx

Yes, please.

The topic ‘Google Analytics Wanted. Vote for it’ is closed to new replies.