Why I couldn’t see my blog under google search?
The blog I need help with is newlifetoday.wordpress.com.
Please search the Support docs and the forum before posting questions: most answers are already available.
You don’t see your blog because it’s very new – takes weeks before search engines find a new blog.
Generally whats the time required to come under the search of a search engine?
If you use google webmaster tools/yahoo webmaster, and bing webmaster and assuming poeple are genuinely linking to your blog it could be up to a month before any of them start indexing your site.
Google ussally though only takes 18 days for new blogs.
On this forum we frequently hear from new bloggers, who have written 1 or 2 posts, and who can’t find them simply because they have not been indexed by the 3 big search engines. That’s why we now have a support documentation entry here http://en.support.wordpress.com/search-engines/
(1) Check your privacy settings to determine your blog’s visibility to search engine spiders > Settings >Privacy
Checkmark this entry:
___ I would like my blog to be visible to everyone, including search engines (like Google, Bing, Technorati) and archivers
Click “save Changes”
(2) Create a Google Webmasters account and then verify ownership of the blog with the 3 major search engines Google, Yahoo and Bing http://en.support.wordpress.com/webmaster-tools/ Also note this http://en.support.wordpress.com/sitemaps/#xml-sitemaps-for-search-engines
(3) If yours is a blog that you do not post to every day, then it can take up to between 4 – 6 weeks before you begin to see your posts in the SERPS (search engine page results). This timeframe may be shorter if:
- you begin to publish every day or even 5/7 days weekly;
- any of your posts has been backlinked to by other bloggers in their new posts
- any of your posts “go viral”.
(4) Aside from what I posted above, the best advice I can give you with regard to your blog getting search engine attention is to:
- focus on creating high quality content that you publish frequently;
- create headlines (blog post titles) that contain keywords that clearly state what the content in the posts is, and use dub-titles with posts in the same manner;
- link to authoritative sources in your posts by using the titles or keywords found in the posts to which you are linking, rather than the lame and useless “click here” that sends Google juice into the abyss of cyberspace
- categorize and tag your posts with as few relevant keyword tags that accurately reflect the post contents as possible </il>
- understand that new blogs may be in the Google sandbox for up to 6 months before they get a PageRank at all. PageRank – Blog Strategy – http://onecoolsitebloggingtips.com/2009/05/26/blog-strategy-google-sandbox-or-trustbox/
Don’t forget to have fun – blogging here at wordpress.com is not income driven, it’s driven by enthusiasm, so enjoy your blogging. :)
The topic ‘google indexing.’ is closed to new replies.