So, I haven't set any images to use for a gravatar. At some point, I selected an option from a page I can no longer find to let the system generate a gravatar for me. In most places on wordpress, I get this pretty pink and white abstract pattern. I like that. I would like to keep it.
In the wordpress forums, I get this "retro" generated pattern, I think. It is fine. The page I can no longer find had a section labelled "retro" and some other sections with other labels.
However, when I "like" a blog entry, it shows an image of a rather unpleasant looking square-faced grimacing guy(?). I don't like this image - it is awful. I would like to replace it with the pretty pink one that appears when I comment.
But, now I am even more confused, because I went back to look at some of the "Posts I Like", and none of them are showing this icky face. Instead most show the pretty pink image. One shows a kind of funky looking purple alien line drawing, which is cool.
So, my questions:
- what controls which image is used where? Do I get to control that, and if so how? or is it controlled by the page on which it appears?
- are *all* these images my "gravatar"? Or do some of them have other names? (See, I'm not even sure of the right words to use to ask this question.)
- why am I seeing the icky face image when I "like" the post, but not when I go back and look at it later?
- can I make the icky face image go away without affecting the rest of the images that are being used? if so, how?
- if not, can I just save the picture of the generated image that I like, and upload that?
I'm so confused... thank you for any help!
Here is the location of the icky face image, in case that is relevant: http://gravatar.com/avatar/9109c1ac9544080bf8e52126e0c56329?s=30&d=wavatar
The blog I need help with is gaudetetheology.wordpress.com.