Gray Nav Bar at the top of my blog has gone AWOL
The gray bar at the top of my blog with My Account, My Blog, Blog Info etc has disappeared. It is there now as I type in this forum, it is there on the blogs I visit but not on my own blog which makes it difficult to do a new post, click back to my blog, log in, log out, check stats, go to my dashboard. I want it back, I can’t blog. Is it something I did? What do I need to do?
The blog I need help with is sweetdaysundertheoaks.com.
I can’t comment on anyones blog either! Frustrating!
I’m using Firefox 5 and I can view your blog. The way you connect to the internet (mobile, satellite, DSL, dial-up) and to your blog, and how many proxy server jumps etc. it takes to connect can cause problems. There maybe be problems with your ISP and/or with the proxy servers. How are you connecting to the internet and to WordPress.com?
Which browser and version of it are you using?
- You could have a browser issue so try changing your browser settings, refreshing the page, or clearing the browser cache and cookies – instructions for specific browsers.
- Note that when you make adjustments to your browser settings — changing privacy settings, deleting cookies or increasing security — you will need to close your window and restart the browser before those new settings become effective.
- You could try upgrading your browser. http://browsehappy.com
- You could try using another browser.
- You can use this link to see if your flash is up to date.
- If it’s not up to date then this is where to download and install the latest version of flash.
Timethief thank you! I use IE 8 and have been trying to update to 9. It was working fine this morning to approve comments and I was getting ready to post. I connect to the internet via DSL. I clear my browser history every period on the net. I will try all your suggestions and see how it goes. I may wind up at the computer guy’s fix it shop and let him handle it. I don’t feel all that knowledgeable about this “stuff”. Oh and at one point WP would not let me sign in at all saying that on the 21st they had reset all passwords and I would have to set up a new one. That was when I tried to get in the forum for help. I purchased a domain thru WordPress, I am beginning to think I should have just stayed with Word Press.com. No domain of my own.
Thank you again, I will see what I can do!
The topic ‘Gray Nav Bar at the top of my blog has gone AWOL’ is closed to new replies.