My account was hacked. Perhaps it was a cross site password attack, but with security issues you have had in the past, I thought I would let you know.
It’s no big deal. I changed my password and deleted the spam post, but I wanted to alert you in case you had a pattern of this recently.
Blog url: http://chisleu.wordpress.com/
The blog I need help with is chisleu.wordpress.com.
Just to be sure you have covered all the bases. Go to your email program and change the password to a very difficult one because that’s how many hackers gain access to blogs
Read > http://en.support.wordpress.com/security/
1. If you can log-in go here > Users > All Users and delete any user that does not belong there.
2. Disable post by email > http://en.support.wordpress.com/post-by-email/
3. Disable post by voice > http://en.support.wordpress.com/post-by-voice/
4. Change your blog password to a very difficult one > http://en.support.wordpress.com/passwords/#change-your-password
5. Use a secure, encrypted connection to connect to your Dashboard. Under Users → Personal Settings, check the box that says “Always use HTTPS when visiting administration pages, and click Save Changes.
Thank you for reporting this. We are aware of the situation and our team is actively working on a solution. In the meantime, you can delete any unauthorized posts on your account, if you haven’t already.
While we will be resetting the passwords for any affected accounts ourselves, you can also reset your password via your Settings tab on the WordPress.com home page:
The topic ‘hacked account’ is closed to new replies.