is there any way to recover all my past blogs? they have been hacked and deleted
The blog I need help with is rjdawarrior.wordpress.com.
If the content was indexed by Google you can copy and paste from their cache.
If anyone is posting anything to your blog then you have provided them with the ability to do so either deliberately by adding them as official users, or by allowing them access to your login information, or by posting content that makes it easy for them to guess what your log-in information is.
Who, aside from you, has access to your login information?
Go to your email program immediately and change the password to a very difficult one because that’s how many hackers gain access to blogs.
1. If you can log-in go here > Users > All Users and delete any user that does not belong there.
2. Disable post by email > http://en.support.wordpress.com/post-by-email/
3. Disable post by voice > http://en.support.wordpress.com/post-by-voice/
4. Change your blog password to a very difficult one > http://en.support.wordpress.com/passwords/#change-your-password
5. Use a secure, encrypted connection to connect to your Dashboard. Under Users → Personal Settings, check the box that says “Always use HTTPS when visiting administration pages, and click Save Changes.
6. Set up two step authentication http://en.support.wordpress.com/security/two-step-authentication/
Then read this please knowing that blogs don’t get hacked when security protocols are followed. > http://en.support.wordpress.com/security/
this is an extremely important blog for many to understand the procsss of Hep-C treatment if anyone can help me recover all the hacked blogs it would be a blessing
I’ll tag this thread for a Staff follow-up. Please subscribe to the thread so you are notified when they respond and please be patient while waiting.
Deleted blogs and posts cannot be restored. Please consider setting up a new blog.
If you want to make your blog more secure:
* Please go to your wordpress.com profile page and update your password.
* Please use a secure password with letters and numbers and other characters.
* Please do NOT use the same password that you use for email.
* Please update all of your email passwords to something more secure.
* Use Two Step Authentication: http://en.support.wordpress.com/two-step-authentication
Please read this warning from the support site:
“Warning: Please be very careful when adding a new Administrator user to your blog. Other Administrators are effectively co-owners. They have as much power over your blog as you do, including the ability to permanently delete it, and the power to remove you from your own blog.”
If an Administrator deletes a blog, it is NOT hacking.
Please only give users the MINIMUM rights needed to write on your blog such as Contributor or Author. If you give other users Administrator rights, then that means they will have full control of the blog and they can delete it without hacking. If you give other users Editor rights, then they can delete any posts from the blog without hacking. Authors can only edit and delete their own posts.
The topic ‘hacked account’ is closed to new replies.