I recently found out that my website was hacked and stripped of most of its pages/posts. We were able to restore some of the more recent ones, but all of our older archives are gone. Is there anyway to restore the deleted posts/pages?
Blog url: http://theicewarriorsarmy.wordpress.com/
The blog I need help with is icewarriorsarmy.com.
Is there anyway to restore the deleted posts/pages?
If the content was indexed then it will be in Google’s cache and you can copy and paste the cached copy content into new posts and/or pages.
Just to be sure you have covered all the bases. Go to your email program and change the password to a very difficult one because that’s how many hackers gain access to blogs
Read > http://en.support.wordpress.com/security/
1. If you can log-in go here > Users > All Users and delete any user that does not belong there.
2. Disable post by email > http://en.support.wordpress.com/post-by-email/
3. Disable post by voice > http://en.support.wordpress.com/post-by-voice/
4. Change your blog password to a very difficult one > http://en.support.wordpress.com/passwords/#change-your-password
5. Use a secure, encrypted connection to connect to your Dashboard. Under Users → Personal Settings, check the box that says “Always use HTTPS when visiting administration pages, and click Save Changes.
Long shot: The deleted content may still be in your Trash. If so your can restore it.
It looks like you have quite a bit of content live – were you able to restore it? If not, please send Support a message with specific content that’s no longer live/available so we can look into it.
Also search engines keep cached old content for a while so you might be able to find some of your old material and copy from the search engines – save you some typing
The trash bin is totally empty =(. Isn’t there anyway for WordPress to restore those old posts/pages besides having to recopy every single one from Google’s cache?
The content was deleted by an Administrator who is still a user on the blog.
I’m sorry, but these deleted posts cannot be restored. Please consider setting up a new blog.
Please read this warning from the support site:
“Warning: Please be very careful when adding a new Administrator user to your blog. Other Administrators are effectively co-owners. They have as much power over your blog as you do, including the ability to permanently delete it, and the power to remove you from your own blog.”
The topic ‘Hacked Site’ is closed to new replies.