Having problems downloading images
When I try to load images into my medial library, the system does not display the picture as a thumbnail (as it does normally) – and when I try to load the image into a post it does not display – although the image seems to be registered in the library.
I’ve tried deleting from the library and re loading but it makes no difference. Thumbnails of existing images seem okay. Any ideas?
The blog I need help with is stephenhip.wordpress.com.
There’s no known issue I am aware of.
1. If you are not running one of the browsers and versions listed at http://browsehappy.com/ please try upgrading or switching first.
2. If you are using an IE browser in compatibility mode please disable that mode. http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1196-internet-explorer-compatibility-view-turn-off.html
3. If you are running one of the browsers and versions listed at http://browsehappy.com/
(a) Try clearing your browser’s cache http://www.google.com/support/accounts/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=32050
If applicable see here for instructions on how to clear the cache for Chrome and Safari on the iPad:
(c) Disable all browser extensions or add-ons temporarily.
(d) Try enabling HTTPS: http://en.support.wordpress.com/https/
Add both *.wordpress.com and *.wp.com to your list of trusted sites under the Security tab. Make sure to uncheck the box for “Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone.” http://en.support.wordpress.com/https/#frequently-asked-questions
4. You can use this link to see if your flash is up to date. http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ If it’s not then go to http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/ and download and install the latest version of flash.
5. Try using another browser.
6. If you are not successful let us know:
(a) Exactly what kind of device you are using to connect to the internet and to WordPress.com.
(b) Exactly which browser (and version of it) you’re using by checking here if necessary http://www.whatbrowser.org/
(c) Exactly what you experience including what any error reports you receive state.
I’m happy with my browser – in clearing the cache made it worse as I was obviously loading images from that.
Others have started to tell me that they can’t see my images.
I can’t see my images on stephenhip but can on my blog at foldingup and ecclesiarum.
I have deleted all cookies associated with wordpress from my browser now and this seems to have cured my immediate problem.
The topic ‘Having problems downloading images’ is closed to new replies.