having trouble with 1.google search 2.photo arranging and 3. slideshows
hi, i am new to blogging and i share my photography on my blog. i ahd a few questions which i need help with.
1. how do i make my blog more google friendly so that it can be searched easily online. as of now, i guess hardly anyone knows i exist in the blogosphere, though i use facebook and flickr for diverting traffic here, but not really happening it is.
2. Is there a way of auto arranging and inserting a series of many photographs into a post/page. at present i add each one below the other manually, but is kind of tedious.
3.how can i present photos via a slideshow format. the built in slide show facility is rather dry and small sized. i ant to customize it, or maybe insert a third party slide show ? if yes, which one to start with ?
thanks a lot,
The blog I need help with is vishaltomarphotgraphy.wordpress.com.
1. how do i make my blog more google friendly so that it can be searched easily online.
I think this will be useful > http://onecoolsitebloggingtips.com/2010/01/21/omg-i-cant-find-my-blog-on-google/
I could spend all day answering this question as it’s one of the themes I blog one. Post optimized original content that’s frequently updated. See here please > http://onecoolsitebloggingtips.com/2009/08/04/basic-seo-elements-for-bloggers/ and here > http://onecoolsitebloggingtips.com/2009/06/27/blogging-images-enhance-your-posts/
I’ll leave the other questions for other Volunteers to answer as I’m off to eat.
1. Your blog loads slowly and Google uses page loading times as one of the criteria for determining search engine placement. Having your images hosted at flickr, while convenient, means that to display your site, the browser has to connect to two different IPs and get information from both of those just to display your page. That slows things down. Your site is of course image heavy so that means that you have to really be cognizant of file sizes. In general, especially with image heavy sites, you want to keep your file sizes under 75k. For image heavy sites, I always suggest that you set your site to display no more than 3-5 posts per page (settings > reading) to keep page loading times reasonable. Your blog is indexed by Google and Bing, so you are on your way, but do note that it can take 6 months to a year to build up enough page rank to start showing up higher in searches.
2. Take a look at the gallery function. You can insert thumbnails, or medium sized or even full-sized: http://en.support.wordpress.com/images/gallery/ . Note that the gallery only works with images that have been uploaded into the media library here in the post or page here you intend to insert them into.
3. WordPress has a slideshow feature now that works pretty slick: http://en.support.wordpress.com/slideshows/ . Again though it only works with images that have been uploaded here at wordpress.com. You can insert flickr slideshows using the gigya shortcode: https://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic/you-can-insert-a-flickr-slideshow?replies=30#post-482390 .
Here is a good post by Panos that explains how to do a flickr slideshow.
hey, that was really really helpful, thanks a lot everyone..!! you rock. i have started to explore all these links its its turning out to be great..!!!
also, since the topic of SEO is on, i would like to know if it is possible to tag ‘pages’ (the way we tag posts posts) in wordpress.com…?
No we cannot “tag” or assign categories to static pages. To appreciate the differences between the two (pages and posts) and the impact of SEO on choosing to have a page structured blog rather than a post structured blog see.
Better Blogging at WordPress.com: Pages and Posts
The topic ‘having trouble with 1.google search 2.photo arranging and 3. slideshows’ is closed to new replies.