Help: Google Sitemap Issues

  • Author
  • #905467


    it’s still not fixed. I’m having the same problem:

    career counselor NY |
    Feb 2, 2012 – Posts about $1career counselor NY written by $2Array.


    I have this trouble and have for a few days. The HTML improvement page was updated today, 21 June. and it says I have 42 Categories with Short meta descriptions. Here are the first two:
    Posts about $1art written by $2Array ‎/category/art/‎
    Posts about $1Babies written by $2Array ‎/category/babies/‎

    I do not know if this is related but my hits from the search engines have dropped to nothing except for the two tests I did today, one for Google and the other DuckDuckGo.



    If you check the actually content on your sites (try using the View Source option in your browser and searching for “Posts about”) you can confirm that those parts are updated and now correct. It sounds like you may be using some external tools that are showing you these things. If so, they probably have old versions saved and haven’t updated to the current content of your pages yet.

    In case you are seeing these in your own browser, please try clearing your cache:


    Thank you, evansolomon, for your time to answer this. I should have looked at the source. It is correct there.

    I guess I have been trying to figure out why the sudden drop of search engine terms to nothing. Even though my blog is not popular (having very specific content for the most part), I would still get a couple most days and even more other times. It always felt nice when people would come by and I actually had the info they were looking for.



    I have the same issue with 7 sitemap errors in google wm tools. I resubmitted but nothing has changed.



    I flagged this thread for Staff attention. Please be pateient while you wait.



    Would you please tell us the URL of the affected blog?




    I submitted a Sitemap to Webmaster Tools of Google and in his report say: The Sitemap have errors.
    The message of errors is: This is not a valid URL. Please correct it and resubmit.
    I deleted the Sitemap and submit him again, but errors are still there… Si necesitan la URL de mi blog aqui os la dejo: La Mandraka



    @macmanx – I just put a screen shot in my Media Library – Starts with “Site Map” # 4 – in blog linked to my name – same type of errors as above –

    This is not a valid URL. Please correct it and resubmit.

    Parent tag: image
    Tag: loc

    Looks like things have been broken since at least July 14



    I’ve had a thread here in the forum yesterday (from day before that) and i have the same issue as @wil63r I still have the ‘invalid URL’ when i test the sitemap, and get can’t any help from Google, as that was what i was advised to do (contact Google). Does this error affect our indexing?



    Hm, this sitemap is perfectly valid on our end, and the standard schema has not been altered by Google or any other entity supporting the sitemap.xml schema.

    Even then, the URL of the sitemap itself is definitely valid. I’d have to say that this is really a Google issue at this point.



    Thanks macmanx. I asked these errors in google webmaster forum.


    I am also having the Invalid URL errors. I hope Google fixes this soon!



    Have the same “invalid URL” errors (110 at last count) as noted by posters above. Lag time in indexing a problem again as well. WP staff resolved my initial issues as detailed in the first post on this thread last month. Perhaps we can get the staffer named “beau” back on the case?


    The most recent “Invalid URL” errors you’ve reported looks like a separate issue compared to the other ones from earlier in this thread. I’ve forwarded some info to our developers to see what I can find out. Thank you tons to everyone who posts screenshots, that is very helpful.



    Thanks for the response. Echoing a poster on a similar thread (, I notice that the sitemap error report for “invalid URLs” has now been replaced with a “Missing XML tags” message. Hope your developers can come up with a solution — and soon.



    Any progress on this? Latest visit from the Googlebot is reporting the same errors.


    We made an update to sitemap.xml files today to fix this. However, you won’t see the change immediately in Google Webmaster Tools because while the code that generates the sitemap.xml file has been fixed, it won’t be updated on your specific blog until you publish a new post after the code update went in. Re-saving an existing post should also work to trigger a sitemap.xml update. Once that is done, the next time Google Webmaster Tools crawls your site, you shouldn’t see any “Invalid URL” errors such as the ones reported by auxclass here.

    1. Publish a new post, or re-save an existing post.
    2. Check Google Webmaster Tools *after* you’ve done step one.
    3. Report back here if you see any errors dated *after* you’ve published a new post or re-saved an existing post.



    I applied the steps, and resubmited sitemap but nothing has changed. I have 10 errors with missing XML tags.

The topic ‘Help: Google Sitemap Issues’ is closed to new replies.