Can I register a custom domain again if I cancel it? How do I map it to Blogger?
I want to cancel my custom domain in wordpress but i don’t know if i can register the same domain under blogger after its cancelled. anyone knows?
Blog url: http://sleepwalks9to5.wordpress.com/
If you cancel a domain registration, it can take up to several months to be released, and we can’t guarantee that you’ll be able to register it again.
Instead, you can map your domain to another host by changing your name servers.
See here for more information about this:
hi, according to the guide, so i just update my nameserver?
so do i change it to my new address?
sorry cos im really noob at this….. thanks!
Google doesn’t provide nameservers for Blogger so you will need to use either an A record or CNAME record to point your domain to your Blogspot blog. Here’s how you can do it:
1. First, log into your Domain Manager (located at the bottom of the page in your Domains page in your WordPress.com admin panel) by following the instruction of the “Domain Manager Login” section here:
2. Once you’re logged in, click on the domain name you want to edit.
3. Under Nameservers, click on “Set Nameservers”.
4. In the pop-up window, check “I have specific nameservers for my domains”.
5. Clear any nameservers already entered.
5. The nameservers you should use instead depends on when you registered your domain – find out the values based on your domain registration dates using the link below:
6. Just copy the appropriate nameservers from that page to the domain manager. Click on OK to save, and refresh the page.
7. When the nameservers change, you’ll see some information under Total DNS, and a link that says “Launch” – click that link to edit your DNS records.
8. The A record of your domain should be listed as the first record on the list. In the Actions columns on the left, click on the pencil/notepad icon to edit the record (make sure you click on the icon for the same line that the A record is on).
9. Finally, use the information provided to your by your new host to fill out the “Host Name” and “Points To IP Address”. The field labeled “TTL” should stay in the default “1 Hour” value. Click on OK to save the new record.
That’s it – your new A record should go live after a short delay.
The topic ‘Can I register a custom domain again if I cancel it? How do I map it to Blogger?’ is closed to new replies.