Need help? Check out our Support site, then

Help with English: Commentators vs. Commenters vs. Commentors

  1. This is question I've had for a while and I always get different answers. What do I call people who comment on blogs?

    Please help me.

  2. Commenters. It's the noun.
    "comment [ˈkɒmɛnt]
    1. a remark, criticism, or observation
    2. talk or gossip
    3. (Literary & Literary Critical Terms) a note explaining or criticizing a passage in a text
    4. (Literary & Literary Critical Terms) explanatory or critical matter added to a text
    1. (when intr, often foll by on; when tr, takes a clause as object) to remark or express an opinion
    2. (Literary & Literary Critical Movements) (intr) to write notes explaining or criticizing a text
    [from Latin commentum invention, from comminiscī to contrive, related to mens mind]
    commenter n"

    Commentator to me is a sports commentator. So that's not the same.

    Commentors isn't a word.

  3. "Commentator" is the worst word in the English language and should be stamped out with extreme prejudice.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic


No tags yet.