Home Page

• Author

lawlorcars

My home page seams to be showing as a faded colour and I cant find a way to change it. H1 and H2 and links are showing differently on my home page to all the others.

The blog I need help with is lawlortaxisessex.com.

sjfow

Some of your text is in a lighter shade of grey, is this what you mean ?
    These text areas look like they may have been edited individually to that colour.
    If you select the text (edit) and right-click, there is an option to change the text colour.

Does this work for you ?

lawlorcars

Thanks for your reply. I am using wordpress.com and do not get the option to change colour from right click.

I have Simple CSS installed with the following but it will not change the font colour.

h1 {
    font-size: 30px;
    font-size: 4.125rem;
    color: 00245d !important;
    }
    h2 {
    font-size: 30px;
    font-size: 2.125rem;
    color: 00245d !important;
    }

sjfow

00254d is the hex code for the colour.

Look at the CSS for the text on pages which are OK, and compare that to your code posted above.

Adjust the CSS to match.

Alternatively, this link has a colour picker which allows you to select alternative colours, which you can then key in place of 00254d.

lawlorcars

It seams the whole front page is affected as the images are also faded on and you can see a clear difference between the front page images & the panel images.

00245d is one of brand colours which I use.

Any further help would be great as I can’t find any info as to why the whole page is faded

sjfow

When I click around the site, I only see a difference with text colour and shading, and the images look to be the same. That may be just my screen.

Perhaps this may be an issue with the Theme.
    What theme are you using ?
    Have you changed the theme recently ?

I have added ‘modlook’ as a tag to ask the wp.com staff to review this query.

Hi lawlorcars –

With the business plan you’re eligible for live chat support. Just head over to wordpress.com/help/contact/ to initiate a new chat with a fellow Happiness Engineer. That is going to be the fastest way to get this sorted.

I am happy to help you here as well. To clarify, you are working on lawlortaxisessex.com?

Hi @lawlorcars, the intro area on the main page in Lodestar has an opacity setting that makes the content slightly translucent. You can add the following custom CSS to remove that.

.lodestar-intro .entry-content  {
    	opacity: 1;
    }

lawlorcars

Thanks thesacredpath 🖒 worked a charm

Awesome, and you are welcome!

bollymist

http://ibirthdaywishesforfriend.com/ please check this website. The font color on the homepage is light gray, I want to make it dark.
    Also, help me to remove gray color from the background of sidebars

sjfow

@bollymist, please can submit your query in a new support post, to ensure the original post can be closed out as resolved ?

Thank you very much

The topic ‘Home Page’ is closed to new replies.