How bad is WordPress's Outage?
How wide spread is WP’s problems today?
Is it only my site that is having problems?
I have to login multiple times, I cannot link hyper links, slowages off and on all day.
Now I am having problems getting tech support.
And then they tell me I am not paying for the product when I know I am ….
Not a very good Enterprise Solution, though what attracted me to it was all the claims of being the Enterprise Solution for CMS ….
I am rapidly losing patience …. I had VERY few outages as an engineer. This level of problem would have made me worry about needing to turn in my letter …. and I would be sweating profusely ….
The blog I need help with is luvsiesous.com.
Hosting at WordPress.com is free.
WordPress.com is not an ecommerce provider, and if you are attempting to use it that way, you will hit a stone wall. WordPress.org is excellent for ecommerce, so why not try that? That’s what people are talking about when they suggest WordPress as an enterprise solution for CMS.
How wide are WP’s problems today? I”ve been online about 20 of the last 24 hours and have noticed no outage whatsoever. That’s how bad.
You may have an ISP problem, or you may have a problem if you are using IE: if you are, set it to Compatibility Mode.
I have been here 6 years and have experienced only one major spot of downtime due to DDOS attacks in 2008 http://en.blog.wordpress.com/2011/03/08/some-turbulence/
I don’t have any of the problems you keep posting threads on. I’m unning windows XP and FF 10.0.2 and I’m on a DSL connection.
Please answer all of these questions in your submission to Staff.
1. How are you connecting to the internet and to WordPress.com? The way you connect to the internet (mobile, satellite, DSL, dial-up) and to your blog, and how many proxy server jumps etc. it takes to connect can cause problems. There maybe be problems with your ISP and/or with the proxy servers. It sounds like there could be a problem with your ISP. Can you access any of these directly?
2. Are you using http:// or https:// see http://en.support.wordpress.com/https/
3.Exactly which browser and version of it are you using? If you don’t know click here to find out > http://whatsmyuseragent.com/
4. Have you tried clearing your browser cache and cookies? http://www.google.com/support/accounts/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=32050
5. Is your browser version up to date? You can upgrade any browser version here. http://browsehappy.com/
6. Have you tried using the browser with all extensions or add-ons disabled?
7. Do you have third party cookies enabled? http://support.google.com/accounts/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=61416
9. Do you have another browser you can try?
10. You can use this link to see if your Flash is up to date. http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ If it’s not up to date then this is where to download and install the latest version of Flash. http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/
11. Have your tried resetting your router and modem?
12. Have you had any recent operating system and/or security program updates?
The topic ‘How bad is WordPress's Outage?’ is closed to new replies.