How can I get call to action buttons on my site
A couple of questions related to call to action buttons:
1. Is there a shortcode to add buttons to a wordpress.com blog? I can do this using images, but it is painfully slow.
2. Do the paid themes come with the framework included (e.g. genesis with a studiopress theme)?
3. If I bought a premium theme for a WordPress.org site, would I be able using GPL to upload a premium theme to my blog?
4. Do any of the themes on WordPress.com have an inbuilt shortcode generator?
Blog url: http://nontechi.wordpress.com/
The blog I need help with is nontechi.com.
Where exactly are you getting these buttons that you want to add?
Thanks for the reply. I use a couple of themes on self-hosted sites, and many have a shortcode generator. Wondering if any of the premium themes on wordpress.com include the shortcode generator. If it has the framework included with the premium theme, than my problems are solved.
I like buttons. I understand and aprpeciate that affiliate links are not allowed on wordpress.com
Hi Again Happiness Engineer
I should have added, can I simply use the premium themes I have bought for a self-hosted wordpress site? Or would I need to repurchase them.
We already support several shortcodes on WordPress.com regardless of the theme you use. You can find more information about shortcodes in this guide.
Premium Themes are customized for WordPress.com usage only, and cannot be transferred to self-hosted WordPress.org sites.
There are no restrictions if you setup a self-hosted WordPress.org blog instead of a WordPress.com blog, but there are some added responsibilities. We have hosting recommendations at the following link if you are interested.
Thanks for the reply. Appreciated.
I dig some digging, and I have summarised my understanding below. Is my understanding correct?
1. The licence for premium theme bought for a self-hosted site cannot be used on a WordPress.com site. Which means that I would need to buy two separate licenses for the same theme to be used on a self-hosted WordPress site, and a site hosted on WordPress.com.
2. I could use a Premium theme on WordPress.com for as many sites as I like provided they are WordPress.com sites, hosted under my account.
2. Even if a premium theme is purchased on WordPress.com, the underlying framework is different from the what would be available on a self-hosted site.
3. I can add call to action buttons, but would need to embed them as an image.
1. Yes, that is correct.
2. No, you would need to purchase the theme for each blog here
3. Yes, slightly different due to differences in our system and what we cannot allow for security reasons.
4. Yes, that is correct.
The topic ‘How can I get call to action buttons on my site’ is closed to new replies.